The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Midwest Stangs Track day June 13th and 14th @ RPM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Registration opens tomorrow. This again is a 2 day event at Raceway Park of the Midlands (formerly known as MAM). Registration is just $145 which includes licensing with Full Throttle if you are not already licensed. Sunday we will be picking out the fastest 20 cars for timed runs for trophies. Registration link is below and link to club facebook page for updates is also below. We are only filling 60 spots so once they are full we are closing registration.

http://www.midweststangs.net/trackday/

https://www.facebook.com/midweststangs

drano38

Wayne
I'm signed up and paid.
I haven't been to MAM in a couple years, so will be nice to see how the new management is doing.
I'll also plan to do Fast Friday the day prior.

drano38 said:
I'm signed up and paid.
I haven't been to MAM in a couple years, so will be nice to see how the new management is doing.
I'll also plan to do Fast Friday the day prior.

I know they have done a few things already: removed old check in office, put some patches in, we have a volunteer day in a couple weeks to help do a few more things. I saw they just hired a manager to run the road course side so that is good too. It will be a couple years until it's completely back but at least they are making progress.

I plan on hitting a Friday before then too, let me know when you are going. I am just waiting a new drive line to get here so I can get it put in.

If you know anyone else that is interested let them know, we have about a dozen spots left, all makes welcome.

drano38

Wayne
Hunted down a hotel last nite. Started surfing and was shocked at prices. Wondered if its NCAA world series--yep.
Found room in Council Bluffs. The nice lady called the manager, and got it down to the more logical summer rate.
I'll do Fast Friday along with it.
Looking forward to driving RPM again.

drano38 said:
Hunted down a hotel last nite. Started surfing and was shocked at prices. Wondered if its NCAA world series--yep.
Found room in Council Bluffs. The nice lady called the manager, and got it down to the more logical summer rate.
I'll do Fast Friday along with it.
Looking forward to driving RPM again.

Yea, when choosing the date this year we didn't have many weekends to pick from and it ended up being the first weekend of CWS.

Ran half day at the track last weekend, seems like going into 1 and 12 some serious bumps have come up enough to make me change the way I drive into those corners. I wasn't pushing it to hard either as I was breaking in the new clutch and transmission.

As far as RPM goes, I will have to wait and see on the improvements that were said to go through. Paddock needs to be addressed, but they want to address the track and buildings too, so we will see what they do.

TMO Supporting Vendors