The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mileage and Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Just an informal survey for those who wish to sound off- what's your mileage and what issues/problems have you had. I'll start - I bought my 2013 in June 2012, mileage is 15,647 and I have had zero issues. Doesn't burn a drop of oil. I do not track the car, spirited street driving is as wild as I get. Yes, that sound you hear is me knocking on wood!

20,000 miles and only issue was a broken third gear repaired under warranty.

20,150 miles? Stay tuned. ::)

49k and the left speaker is blown and the windows sometime pop. The popping is probably because the damn windows freeze to the seal and the door can't be opened, found that out the hard way.

26k street-only (but often, quite spirited) miles and my only issue was some gizmo in the air-con vents...covered under warranty (which is why i can't remember the name of the gizmo...just know that it intermittently went click-click-click and is, apparently, a very common problem across all mustangs).

feel like the clutch may be starting to go...getting a bouncy feel at the clutch pedal upon light engagement.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Brandon302 said:
49k and the left speaker is blown and the windows sometime pop. The popping is probably because the damn windows freeze to the seal and the door can't be opened, found that out the hard way.

There is a solution you can put on the seals to keep it from sticking and destroying your weather stripping. Maybe that will fix the problem.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
cobrakidz said:
5k miles and the only problem is that I don't have the time to drive it enough. I am curious about the TSB too.

Later Model Restorations has a section listing all TSB's.

Here is the link.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/2005-2014-Mustang-TSB-Recall

fuhrius said:
26k street-only (but often, quite spirited) miles and my only issue was some gizmo in the air-con vents...covered under warranty (which is why i can't remember the name of the gizmo...just know that it intermittently went click-click-click and is, apparently, a very common problem across all mustangs).

feel like the clutch may be starting to go...getting a bouncy feel at the clutch pedal upon light engagement.

My 2011 F150 had the same issue, it was the blend door on the HVAC system. Cost me $500 to fix, out of warranty.

15,000 km (9200 miles), street driving only (some spirited), so far, and the only issue was the stripes. Car was re-striped under warranty, with the help of the Ford Rep. Oh also, the right front caliper seemed to be sticking, as that wheel was always very dusty. Also taken care of under warranty.

17k + of WOT pulls out of the dealer lot and almost everytime i've been in it. One issue that i could remember. The passenger mirror fell out and my dealer sent me a new one foc. Oh and after this winter the battery was dead so i put a new one in. During the 1st 10k I had a little oil loss and logged it with my dealer, but no longer.

TMSBOSS said:
Later Model Restorations has a section listing all TSB's.

Here is the link.
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/2005-2014-Mustang-TSB-Recall

Thanks for the link.

Apparently the transmission fluid change TSB does not apply to 2013s.

6000 miles, a few autox's. I have a random tick near the drivers side once the engine is warm...i dont think its anything big, but will have dealer look at it.

30k miles of mixed street, highway, and track driving.
Had a clutch disk failure at the track, that I upgraded and rebuilt the transmission out of pocket at Rev Auto. Other problems I had were with paint; Corrosion at the ends of the hood due to steel tooling contamination on aluminum hood, and paint chipping due to brake fluid leak. Both fixed under warranty.

12K miles of mixed street and track. 2 X engines harness camshaft VCT connectors, engine crank sensor Oring TSB, stock oil cooler leak, bad transmission. All replaced under warranty.

12,600 miles on my 2013 with 25+ track days, so it's been driven pretty hard. The only warranty items performed were the two P0300 series code TSB's (an o-ring and a re flash).

I've experienced the rather common track issues - clutch pedal return problems and high rpm shift lockouts - before I installed fixes discussed in other threads on BMO.

The car hasn't used any oil since the break-in.

Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel