The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mileage and Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GottaBoss said:
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the front-end control arm grunt/squeak noise issue. Anyone have it?

Yes. I had that and replaced both sides as well as the trans fluid per TSB.

2013 LS - 8200 miles, 6 track days - new short block, warranty. I also had that "slight tick" mentioned in another post. Diagnosed as #7 wrist pin slap - slight scoring was observed when the heads came off by dealer's tech. Ford does not allow any further disassembly for failure analysis at dealers so that's all I have on it.

No other issues and yes the original block was the new and improved version - first they have seen. On another note my next door neighbor's 2013 GT (he was jealous so he bought one) just last week went in for a new long block - lost compression on number 7, down 20lbs with 18,000.

TMO Supporting Vendors