The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

??? miles before Tracking?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I know the supplement book to the Boss says to wait till you have a 1000 miles on it before you take it to the track, but is this still the current recommendations? I will probably show up to the track just rolling a 1000. Any suggestions for the first timer?

You'll be fine if you're close to 1,000 miles. Have you added DOT4 and the brake cooling ducts yet? And have you attended Boss Track Attack?

I just got my cars official birth certificate :) yesterday. i hope to attend the Boss Track Attack in April. There is a local track that requires an instructor to ride along until you have been checked off for solo driving. There is also a short class before you are allowed on the track. I do not have the cooling ducts yet and plan on changing out the fluid this weekend.

Sesshomurai

302Boss Hog said:
I just got my cars official birth certificate :) yesterday. i hope to attend the Boss Track Attack in April. There is a local track that requires an instructor to ride along until you have been checked off for solo driving. There is also a short class before you are allowed on the track. I do not have the cooling ducts yet and plan on changing out the fluid this weekend.

You will really enjoy this.

I'm scheduled for my first track outing at Summit point the end of April. I'm not sure if I want to do the the brake duct thing my first time out. I may never track it again so I can't see putting to much in to it prematurely. I was checking out the Ford Racing M-20045-MSVT cooling shields. I'm going to have to remove the dust shields anyway so I figured why not. Has anyone tried these? I not trying to highjack this thread but thought just add to it.

I prefer 3k, but I've never made it that far. 2.1k with the Boss and 1.2k with 07 GT. At least I improved over the GT. Really, this question is no different than which oil is best and of everyone has an answer to the best oil. I would recommend following Ford quidelines and then go have some fun.

TMO Supporting Vendors