The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Miller Motorsports Park Closing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bummer - This was a great track and great location for the Ford Mustang events.

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/05/08/miller-motorsports-park-closing/

http://www.millermotorsportspark.com

That's a bummer. They state they are not renewing the lease so hopefully someone else will step up and least the facility.

PhilTaylor

Track Attack 5-26-14
Ignoring the impact to ST and Raptor owners after October 31st; where will GT350/GT350R owners go for track attack? Because its hard to believe Ford would not offer a similar benefit to 350'ers.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
This is sad news, but it is also a reminder to all of us to support our local Race Tracks by attending events. They have to be profitable to stay open, so if at all possible, support your local Race Track.

Dave
302 Hi Pro

What a shame. And what a privilege to have attended BTA and spend two days driving the MMP east and west tracks a Boss 302 and FR500 race car. Wonder where Ford Racing School will move to? Also wonder what will happen to the Larry Miller car collection. Heck, selling off that collection alone would probably generate enough cash to offset operating losses for 3 to 5 years.

As for the facility itself, again, it's really a shame...such an outstanding world class facility in a spectacular setting. But from what some of the articles are saying, MMP had some the best talent in the business on its ops team and couldn't figure out a profitable business model. They just don't have the "gate" numbers to make it work long term. That doesn't augur well for selling the track to potential buyers.

Basically, it will take another Larry Miller with a passion for motorsports who is willing to operate the track at a loss. Or a very deep pocketed entity with numerous other holdings and with the scale to make it work. Penske, or France family, perhaps...?

Perhaps a new owner could restructure it with less debt, assuming there is a lot from the initial buildout of the track, and then operate the track profitably with less revenue.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
I didn't know they upgraded the cars there. The FRS Boss sounds amazing!

http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports/features/a25733/boss-302-mustang-miller-motorsports-park/

I just read this. Shoot, I was hoping to take the Boss there some day. I loved TrackAttack.

From reading the website, it sounds like the track is actually owned by Tooele County. I got the impression at TrackAttack that Larry Miller was the driving force, and even then, shortly after he died, I sensed that things were a bit lost. What a beautiful place, but the running costs have to be pretty high. Utah is not a high revenue state, if you get my drift, and the odds of the track surviving without a benefactor seem low.

Is the museum still there? I understand it is related somehow to the Shelby American museum in Boulder, and I know some of the cars and even people went back and forth. I couldn't find any mention of the museum on the MMP website.

Remember last year when they sold all the GT's off for what was it $15000, if shiznit does happen and the school closes then anyone up for a 302 Miller special

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
captdistraction said:
Well, Tooele county has been in talks to keep it operating through 2016, and they are looking for new investors and management for the facility after LHM departs.

The museum is a big question mark for me as well. but I'm happy to know it won't become a state prison.

Some vague update today--looks like Thursday is the last day to submit a bid for the park. County is interested in keeping it a motorsports facility. They "have received multiple bids"...

http://fox13now.com/2015/07/13/tooele-county-commissioners-set-deadline-on-bid-proposals-for-miller-motorsports-park/

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel