The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mine is the 9th Comp Orange 2012 Boss? UPDATE mystery solved!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So March 23rd, I traded in my 2005 Honda Civic Si and my 2001 Honda S2000 in on a 2012 Competition Orange Boss 302 #2679.

Well I got my owner's kit today and according to the included certificate of authenticity, mine was build on 11/16/2011 and it was the 9 build int Competition Orange.

Nearly every Boss 302 I've seen in the press is Comp Orange, how can it be mine is the 9th one built?

UPDATE

I just got of the phone with ford, it seems my CA was in error (he said one or two were incorrect) and I shall be getting a new CA. I think he said my was number 962 in comp orange.

Boss3o2

Re: Mine is the 9th Comp Orange 2012 Boss?

Number23 said:
how can it be mine is the 9th one built?

Very easily. It was the 9th one, to be built. lol.

Congrats on the purchase! I also used to be into Sport Compact cars (still have a few in my collection), but the Boss 302 has me addicted currently.

From what you say I agree - something isn't right. There were certainly many more 2012 CO cars built than 9 when yours was built. Can you post a pic of your certificate?

I think they forgot two 9's. LOL It's probably 999. Contact Ford Racing and have them correct it.

I would say they forgot a few numbers! My car is #67 and the 18th one in comp orange. My was built in the first week of production back in Feb of 2011.

Something isn't right...my CO Boss was built 2/23/11, is #106 of the 2012 production run and number 36 manufactured in Competition Orange.

5 DOT 0 said:
I think they forgot two 9's. LOL It's probably 999. Contact Ford Racing and have them correct it.

1009, they rolled over the odometer

Welcome to the club Number23, I came from an 06 Evo and various poorly running Euro cars

I say you sue Ford for their HUGE mistake and use the money to buy 5 Bosses!

TMO Supporting Vendors