The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mine's in the pipeline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christmas, birthday and 4th of July rolled into one for me...not so much a mother's day present tho...wife is very practical and can't quite appreciate why I'd get rid of a paid for 2007 which we all really like for a considerably more expensive car that more or less to her looks like what I have...but requires a substantial outlay of cash.

Still, she's on board...so I've got to give credit where it's due!

Mine had an eta of 5/3, then changed to 5/10 BUT when I called ford yesterday (5/3) they said it was delivered!!! I called the dealer and they had it!!! Unfortunately due to work I can't pick it up until Friday. Well I could have gotten it today but it was raining and the car will not see the rain!!!! So have to go Friday and get it now.

Oh yeah totally stoked about the weekend and it's suppose to be a beautiful weekend! Then I have to travel for work all next week but it will be sitting on the lift in my garage for my wife and kids to enjoy ( looking at).

Mine finally arrived Friday afternoon. Got the call around 3:15 and arrived at dealer 3:40. told them I would be there until it was ready to go. Around 5:15 I left with my competition orange Boss 302 - #381!!! Got up early saturday morning and drove to the Poconos to the Shelby sponsored Ponies in the Poconos event. First 2012 Boss anyone there had seen.

It is the best - really sweet. It is great on the curves and so far there isn't anything about it I don't like. Unfortunately, I will have to watch my foot on the pedal because the urge to race it takes over!!

I have been waiting since December and now that I finally got it I can say the wait was worth it. ;D

I got mine too. Comp orange and black. #477. It was delivered to the dealer on Tuesday but I couldn't get to the dealer until Friday because of work
... Well and it rained on wed and I won't be driving it in the rain! Been a great weekend have 250 miles on it already. Blast to drive. Oh and I took the exhaust discs out, sounds way better without them I think, they won't be going back in! It's not obnoxiously loud without them and not bad at all at highway speeds. It sounds awesome under hard acceleration around 6k- 7k rpm.

DeeBoss302 and kbush02, congrats on getting the Boss. I would like to add your Bosses here

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f813/vehicle-number-plate-thread-493748/

Please contact me with the cars info, thanks!

As of yesterday, Ford customer service still shows a 5/8 ETA for mine...and they have no further information other than it is in transit status. Checking back with my dealer today, they don't have any better information. I've asked that they contact the regional Ford rep and figure this out. Needless to say, some of the wind is out of the sails at this point and right now I'm just crabby......

:mad:

Yeah, they've been in the vvs and no luck with any more specifics. Someone either entered something wrong in the system, it's been misdirected to a wrong destination or it's still sitting in a lot. In any case, it will get straightened out this week. The weather here has been so crappy the last week anyway, I guess it could be worse.

Dealer called district manger - car is awaiting shipment and still showing as being in Flat Rock. Looks like I have to wait some more. It was supposedly built the week of 4/18, and that is about the time the faulty brake pedal linkage issue surfaced. I'm wondering if mine got hung up while they were doing additional QC on that issue? Anyway, I'm still optimistic I'll take delivery before the end of the month. But since my ETA had been 5/8 for a couple of weeks, I'm not sure I have much faith in the system at the moment.

jimprw said:
Dealer called district manger - car is awaiting shipment and still showing as being in Flat Rock. Looks like I have to wait some more. It was supposedly built the week of 4/18, and that is about the time the faulty brake pedal linkage issue surfaced. I'm wondering if mine got hung up while they were doing additional QC on that issue? Anyway, I'm still optimistic I'll take delivery before the end of the month. But since my ETA had been 5/8 for a couple of weeks, I'm not sure I have much faith in the system at the moment.
Jim I hope it gets shipped quickly and you get the keys soon.

jimprw said:
Yea it can be frustrating. They don't share a lot of info with you about why they sit. Could be a quality issue and they made a running change, but who knows. If that is the case, at least you get the new parts :D

Ok, well here we go again. As of Monday, status was awaiting shipment but still showing a May 8 ETA. As of today, status is back to "in transit" with a May 27 - week from tomorrow - ETA. My dealer knows I'll be pestering him for a rail car id tomorrow. I'd like to believe them this time - looks like I'll have it for the long Memorial Day weekend. Will allow myself some revised enthusiasm - cautiously optimistic, but will refrain from full on mirth until I am more convinced they have it right this time. :)

It's finally here! :D Dealer just called and the truck just unloaded it. I'm planning on picking it up tonight, but may have to wait until tomorrow because my daughter ('96 V6 Coupe) has been waiting since last August to pick it up with me and has to get off work early. Anyway, now I finally get to join the rest of you who've found the holy grail of automotive bliss. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

jimprw said:
It's finally here! :D Dealer just called and the truck just unloaded it. I'm planning on picking it up tonight, but may have to wait until tomorrow because my daughter ('96 V6 Coupe) has been waiting since last August to pick it up with me and has to get off work early. Anyway, now I finally get to join the rest of you who've found the holy grail of automotive bliss. I'll post pics as soon as I can.
Great news. Be sure to post some photos when you get your Boss.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel