The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mine's in the pipeline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim, you need to upload your photos on one of the hosting websites like photobucket and then paste the link. We know it's awesome. How about a little more detail? ;D Congratulations.

Stupid me...I should have copied my text before I tried saving my replies. This is the third time I've written them. But loading up the pics separately seems to have worked.

So to elaborate, the car is all it is said to be. The acceleration is brutal. I've only been able to put about 170 miles on it so far as the weather here has been stormy on and off since I picked it up yesterday. Also, I'm being careful to break it in right so I'm doing a lot of shifting to vary the rpms.

I've red-lined it about half a dozen times before backing it down and I can tell you as well that the acceleration is brutal. I've not yet pushed the cornering extremely hard - there is a saturation of local and state constabulary out owing to the holiday weekend. But, it is easy to see the suspension and big meats all around are a cut above my '07 which was very good in its own right. The ride at the factory #2 shock setting is perfect for street use; I doubt I'm going to change it any time soon.
The shifting is smooth and precise into and down from every gear. And the sound...OMG.... I love it with the discs in. It is definitely understated somewhat with the discs, but I like it. There is no mistaking that sound is something truly special at any level of acceleration. The only complaint I have is the stereo - which I was prepared for. The stereo speakers are useless..I think my F150 has a a better sound with standard fare. But some top shelf speaker replacements and a good amp and that situation will be resolved.
This is definitely the high water mark for the mustang in its history as far as I'm concerned. It's really great to be able to own it.

Thanks for posting the pics Jim! I haven't been seeing as many posted pics of the RR cars so it's refreshing to see yours. Mine was built just over two weeks ago. The dealer said yesterday it's cleared for shipment so hopefully mine and furius' cars will get sent this way soon. Maybe they're just waiting for Rick's car to be built so it can jump on board the train. ::)

Gret Pics, Jim! That color combo looks better than I thought it would! Can't wait for mine. I do have one concern, though. Did I see what looked like a purse in the front passenger seat? ;)

STIG302 said:
Gret Pics, Jim! That color combo looks better than I thought it would! Can't wait for mine. I do have one concern, though. Did I see what looked like a purse in the front passenger seat? ;)
Why yes you did see a purse - in the passenger seat to be precise. And my other boss drove it the first day. I might add she did a good job doing so. Just a tip guys, when the wife is on board you're free to have your affair with the mechanical boss...not the usual love triangle, but probably more satisfying in the long run! ;D

Fat Boss said:
Thanks for posting the pics Jim! I haven't been seeing as many posted pics of the RR cars so it's refreshing to see yours. Mine was built just over two weeks ago. The dealer said yesterday it's cleared for shipment so hopefully mine and furius' cars will get sent this way soon. Maybe they're just waiting for Rick's car to be built so it can jump on board the train. ::)
What is your dealer saying is the ETA? Once I got the right ETA (the first was way off) I did get my car on time - actually one day early. My revised ETA was 5/27 and it arrived at the dealer on 5/26.

Boss Lady

jimprw said:
It's finally here! :D Dealer just called and the truck just unloaded it. I'm planning on picking it up tonight, but may have to wait until tomorrow because my daughter ('96 V6 Coupe) has been waiting since last August to pick it up with me and has to get off work early. Anyway, now I finally get to join the rest of you who've found the holy grail of automotive bliss. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Congratulations. My Race Red also had a dealer ETA of May 8th and I'm still waiting. Hearing that yours arrived on the 26th gives me hope that mine will arrive this week. I know it had to go via rail to Dallas, then Amarillo where it gets transferred to a truck for the ride to Lubbock.

Boss Lady said:
jimprw said:
It's finally here! :D Dealer just called and the truck just unloaded it. I'm planning on picking it up tonight, but may have to wait until tomorrow because my daughter ('96 V6 Coupe) has been waiting since last August to pick it up with me and has to get off work early. Anyway, now I finally get to join the rest of you who've found the holy grail of automotive bliss. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Congratulations. My Race Red also had a dealer ETA of May 8th and I'm still waiting. Hearing that yours arrived on the 26th gives me hope that mine will arrive this week. I know it had to go via rail to Dallas, then Amarillo where it gets transferred to a truck for the ride to Lubbock.
Did you call Ford customer service: 800-392-3673? They were able to give me a revised ETA of 5/27 after the May 8 date came and went. Hope you get good news - and welcome!

Boss Lady

Just called Ford Customer Service and now I'm really depressed. :( He is escalating my VIN# to a Customer Service team to investigate why the system is currently showing the car with an ETA of 5/8 while at the same time showing it's sitting in Flat Rock awaiting shipment.

The 4/20 build date that I have is correct, so tomorrow will make 6-weeks it's been just hanging around up there. At least now there's an owner name attached to that VIN# in their system, not just at the dealership, so maybe that will make a difference who knows.

In a way that doesn't surprise me. I don't know what the issue is with the late April build cars that has the tracking system so out of whack. My dealer wasn't much help either until I asked him to contact the district manager to find out what the heck was going on. The district manager did confirm that the car was still in Flat Rock awaiting shipment. But it was only about a few days after that that apparently the car was finally loaded and the status changed from awaiting shipment to in transit (for the second time). Then it was just less than two weeks and I finally got my car.

Yeehaw! Mine was built on May 14th and shipped today. Due on June 8.

"Hey Andy,

So, today is the day! It shipped out this afternoon. The ETA showing is Jun-08-2011 at this time. I hope it gets there soon! Have a good one!

Deysha "

I thought I was going to be patient: I was like "I'm in no rush", but now that I see you guys (& gals) getting your cars I AM RUNNING OUT OF PATIENCE!!

5 DOT 0 said:
Fat Boss said:
Yeehaw! Mine was built on May 14th and shipped today. Due on June 8.

"Hey Andy,

So, today is the day! It shipped out this afternoon. The ETA showing is Jun-08-2011 at this time. I hope it gets there soon! Have a good one!

Deysha "
Cool. I'll be watching your your transit time as mine won't be far behind.
Great news you guys! keep posting the progress. The light at the end of the tunnel is bright now! Almost there!

TMO Supporting Vendors