The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mine's in the pipeline

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scheduled build date 4/25...that's a couple of weeks early. Dealer called has VIN but I don't have it yet. Judging from the others here it seems like they hit the dealerships about 2 - 3 weeks after the build date. That about right?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
jimprw said:
Scheduled build date 4/25...that's a couple of weeks early. Dealer called has VIN but I don't have it yet. Judging from the others here it seems like they hit the dealerships about 2 - 3 weeks after the build date. That about right?

Was your order originally slated for Q1 or Q2 delivery?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
jimprw said:
Q2 - I had been told it was a May build - Race Red with Black

Cool, good data point.

Race Red w/ Black...if you ordered R/T then I will have your twin before end of year lol

Nope...mine's a street machine, so I really didn't need the R/T. I just want to have a blast on the country roads here just south of the Twin Cities. Plus, I have everything I can do to scrape up the cash for this toy. Thankfully the wife is good with it - as long as I get rid of my other toys to pay for it!

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Lotta good Race Red pictures here in this ebay ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-Mustang-Boss-302-440HP-Red-357-3250-/130509627604?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e62fae0d4

ArizonaGT said:
Lotta good Race Red pictures here in this ebay ad: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012-Mustang-Boss-302-440HP-Red-357-3250-/130509627604?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e62fae0d4

Good to see dealerships taking alot of pictures and doing everything they can to sell cars.

However, where did they get their information that this car would be 1 of 3250?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
suprmn said:
Good to see dealerships taking alot of pictures and doing everything they can to sell cars.

However, where did they get their information that this car would be 1 of 3250?

Best "info" we have right now (and seems like that dealer heard it, too) is 4000 Bosses for '12, of which, 750 would be LS...leaving 3250 street Bosses.

Yikes! Dealer emailed this morning ETA looks like the first week in May...I also got my VIN, so I should be able to track the car at this point shouldn't I?

MrBonus said:
Good to hear the 2Q cars are starting to get build dates. :D
+1 on that. Looks like a few Q2 cars have been scheduled. Looks like there's still hope for mine to arrive before the Grand Am race in July.

Congratulations I hope it arrives early.

Got my vin# and a build date of May 9. Dealer gave me a copy a form from Ford showing this info. Mines Orange w R/T. Also ordered my vanity plate.
Can't wait!!
Jim

Yes, mine was communicated all along to be a 2nd Q (May to be exact) build. We'll see if it actually is made on Gary's birthday. I might have to have him autograph it or something. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors