The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mini Cobra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

We don't have any littles running around the house...yet...but I think I like it better than the Boss Power wheels.

http://www.carrollshelbystore.com

yvarubar.jpg

I usually buy myself one fun x-mas present. It's down to this, X-Box One, Parneli Jones Intake or Parneli a Jones Saleen rear window louver. Which one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eh, I have decided that when I have kids and they are old enough to drive one of these they will be put into a go-kart and do junior karts with the local SCCA.

My vote.

IMG_2032_zpsc0feb852.jpg

NFSBOSS said:

Yeah...I'm leaning towards this. I've read posts about no issues with track key. I'm confused if there is some other part that is supposed to be used with TK? I also want to see the article in 5.0 will say about performance.

Will Ford cancel my factory warranty with this intake because I would love to order this?

My vote too! I've dynoed mine before and after, with and without red key and NO peak hp gain. There is a gain between 3500-6500 rpm with red key over stock. But with no tune peak is unchanged. I've had numerous discussions with Airaid over claim of 25 hp increase and they said they didn't say it was peak. True, it's mid range. Makes no difference to me, it's looks nice and I'd buy it again.

gedysupu.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth Boss said:
Yeah...I'm leaning towards this. I've read posts about no issues with track key. I'm confused if there is some other part that is supposed to be used with TK? I also want to see the article in 5.0 will say about performance.

Will Ford cancel my factory warranty with this intake because I would love to order this?
It comes with a reduction sleeve that's used with the stock tune and TK. If you do an aftermarket tune you remove the sleeve. While in theory it shouldn't effect your warranty your dealer might give you a hard time. My dealer thinks it looks cool and has performed most of my warranty work with it on the car.

I don't want to oversell this but my seat of the pants dyno says my car is a bit more responsive with the Airaid CAI. Nothing to prove this though. I also don't want to undersesll how cool it looks either ;) Regardless I'd buy it again in a second.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
NFSBOSS said:
It comes with a reduction sleeve that's used with the stock tune and TK. If you do an aftermarket tune you remove the sleeve. While in theory it shouldn't effect your warranty your dealer might give you a hard time. My dealer thinks it looks cool and has performed most of my warranty work with it on the car.

I don't want to oversell this but my seat of the pants dyno says my car is a bit more responsive with the Airaid CAI. Nothing to prove this though. I also don't want to undersesll how cool it looks either ;) Regardless I'd buy it again in a second.

I concur!

I agree. I wouldn't go back. Also with the PVC delete kit you can remove the connector for the driver side hose to intake and have a smooth appearance. Otherwise you have a nub with a rubber cap sticking out of the intake.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's only been on for a couple of weeks. Here's a pic of it. It has 1/4" overlap over the hole. Definitely need to keep an eye on it.
9uqebypy.jpg

Terry

NFSBOSS said:

I'll talk with my dealer at my next oil change. Their head of marketing has a 2012 Boss. Will see what he says too. Thanks for the encouragement ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors