The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Minor paint scratch, paint shop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I did the classical mistake, opened the door and hit the fence. What is your suggestion? How much will it cost to fix the paint scratches?

D01088F3-A77E-4E89-AE8C-3AFDAB269DAA_zpssgysjmo0.jpg

A876C813-B05B-4DC5-8D0B-AD08250D64EC_zpspmb6ep7m.jpg

$10 for some touch up paint and move on.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
13Boss said:
Found it! Touch up paint motorcraft for school bus yellow! Thanks Rick

Put the touch up paint on VERY sparingly with a TOOTHPICK, not a touch up brush, and plan on putting on about 5 to 6 thin coats over a couple of days.

If you glob it on too thick, wipe the whole area clean and start from scratch.

Be patient...

Your a better Boss owner than me. I could never bring my car to the dealer for something so small and the location being not in direct view. How long will they have your car?

As four-walling stated using a tooth pick is good to apply spot / chiped paint. I also had very good luck with a Q-tip. The whole trick is to Prep / Clean the area and not let the paint run or sag. Again....Thin coats do the trick.

Good Luck

superhero said:
Your a better Boss owner than me. I could never bring my car to the dealer for something so small and the location being not in direct view. How long will they have your car?

As four-walling stated using a tooth pick is good to apply spot / chiped paint. I also had very good luck with a Q-tip. The whole trick is to Prep / Clean the area and not let the paint run or sag. Again....Thin coats do the trick.

Good Luck

I take to the body shop for 5 min for likely 4-5 seperate days. They are applying multiple layers very slowly in 3-4 days intervals.

TMO Supporting Vendors