The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 MissyStang Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome and assume you are stationed at the Naval Base over near St. Marys, Ga.? Even better you are just down the road from Fernandina Beach, so great beach town on Amelia Island. I have the Concours event there each March on my bucket list and you have likely already made it there? Nice build and we are getting more and more autocrossers on the site ---- who also track their cars. Plenty of advice here and thanks for posting.

Welcome and assume you are stationed at the Naval Base over near St. Marys, Ga.? Even better you are just down the road from Fernandina Beach, so great beach town on Amelia Island. I have the Concours event there each March on my bucket list and you have likely already made it there? Nice build and we are getting more and more autocrossers on the site ---- who also track their cars. Plenty of advice here and thanks for posting.

Thanks for the welcome! I am stationed at Kings Bay right now. I haven’t made it to the concours event but am not far.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Appreciate your service and I always wanted to be a Submariner but family concerns did not make it possible. Cool little Submarine Museum in St. Mary's. Where do you run your Mistress, er, Mustang?

Appreciate your service and I always wanted to be a Submariner but family concerns did not make it possible. Cool little Submarine Museum in St. Mary's. Where do you run your Mistress, er, Mustang?
I have done RRR once and the FIRM 6 times now. I also did one autocross event. My schedule and COVID restrictions are getting in the way of going further away right now.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I always forget about FIRM , which is funny because one of my customers was working to promote the track years back . He lives in Jacksonville, so close for him just like for you. Hopefully the Virus changes course and starts going down in Florida , as it is likely making it tough for track rats. I imagine it is a royal pain to figure scheduling cruises in the Navy also, and to a degree everyone is probably on a weird standby situation. Post some pics on track if you can and you likely noticed I am in Nebraska , but you are in one of my favorite parts of Florida --- St. Augustine North to Amelia Island.

I always forget about FIRM , which is funny because one of my customers was working to promote the track years back . He lives in Jacksonville, so close for him just like for you. Hopefully the Virus changes course and starts going down in Florida , as it is likely making it tough for track rats. I imagine it is a royal pain to figure scheduling cruises in the Navy also, and to a degree everyone is probably on a weird standby situation. Post some pics on track if you can and you likely noticed I am in Nebraska , but you are in one of my favorite parts of Florida --- St. Augustine North to Amelia Island.
This area is pretty great - especially for a track addict. Lots of places within a 4 hr drive. I will definitely post some track pictures the next time I’m out!

TMO Supporting Vendors