The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MM castor camber plate install question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I bought a set of used plates. They did not come with the spacers. I read the instructions and they say they are not needed for our cars 2011+.

I just want to make sure that I won't need them before I bring the car in for installation. Or do I need to order them from Maximum Motorsports.

Any help would be great, Thanks

I did not use the spacers.

Jza1736 said:
I bought a set of used plates. They did not come with the spacers. I read the instructions and they say they are not needed for our cars 2011+.

I just want to make sure that I won't need them before I bring the car in for installation. Or do I need to order them from Maximum Motorsports.

Any help would be great, Thanks
It depends on what dampers you are using. The stock Boss dampers are a 2011+ style so you don't need them. The FRPP M-1800-C dampers are 2005-2010 style and that's what the spacers are for. If you look at the instructions there is a graphic that shows the difference between the two styles. I'm assuming you're talking about the MM c/c plates for 2011+ cars part # MM5CC-6.

cloud9 said:
It depends on what dampers you are using. The stock Boss dampers are a 2011+ style so you don't need them. The FRPP M-1800-C dampers are 2005-2010 style and that's what the spacers are for. If you look at the instructions there is a graphic that shows the difference between the two styles. I'm assuming you're talking about the MM c/c plates for 2011+ cars part # MM5CC-6.
I thought we discussed this and determined neither of us are using the spacers?

I read the the inductions & that's what I got. I just wanted to make sure before I brought it in to get done. Thanks guys!

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
The instructions will show you the difference between the 2005-2010 damper versus the 2011+. Basically the 2011+ have the threaded area that measures 1.5 inches. The older, 2005-2010 style, has a narrowed area that has threads that measures 3.0 inches. The newer styled dampers do not require spacers.

My apologies if this was communicated in pm's etc. I have studied this recently as I'm gearing up for the install....once our snow melts and the temps stay above freezing ;D.

Wayne

Senderofan said:
The instructions will show you the difference between the 2005-2010 damper versus the 2011+. Basically the 2011+ have the threaded area that measures 1.5 inches. The older, 2005-2010 style, has a narrowed area that has threads that measures 3.0 inches. The newer styled dampers do not require spacers.

My apologies if this was communicated in pm's etc. I have studied this recently as I'm gearing up for the install....once our snow melts and the temps stay above freezing ;D.

Wayne

Got it, thanks for the reply!

TMO Supporting Vendors