The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MM CC Plate question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i just bought my second set of rims that I will use for track days. The boss is my weekend warrior car for show, track, autox or fun spirited driving. The new wider rims will be used for track days and I thought I would install the mm camber plates to take full advantage of the size tires I can use on the rims. Heres the question, if I use the stock rims for occasional weekend driving and put on the new rims and tires for track days, is it easy to adjust the camber when changing rims and tires? or is it fairly difficult and you can easily screw it up? Curious how these MM CC plates work and how easy and accurate it is adjusting them.
Thanks for your help

I've run between -2.1 and -2.5 on my car. I drive it on the street a fair amount and just leave it set for track all the time. I expected to have severe tire wear but surprisingly haven't. If you don't drive your car that much on the street I wouldn't worry about it.

Which wheels did you buy?

I currently have -2.5 and drive it on the streets every weekend, no noticeable wear due to camber. Toe will have a bigger impact on wear than camber.

I didn't install the plates myself, but adjusring them back and forth seems like requires an alignment to double check. Since you really can't see any markings through the shock tower hole.

Thanks for the info...

I went with these.....

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=10204.0

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Well, to throw a wrench in the works, I destroyed my stock Pirellis because of too much negative camber. I was running about -2 degrees but the tires died with close to 10k miles on them. The outside edge still had 60% tread life but the inside was gone due to the negative camber. I did make a couple road trips that were a few hundred miles on the car and did a few track days with them too. The rears still have a lot of tread left too.

I've ripped up my Pirelli's also with too much negative camber [it was only the stock -1.5 that my car had as delivered]. I now adjust between -0.7 for the street and -2.25 for the track. Since I adjust before and after each event, I've gotten very quick at adjusting camber. As it works out, I only get a negligible change in toe when I dial in the extra negative camber which happens to be in the right direction [meaning I go to almost exactly zero toe for the track from 1/16" pos for the street]. If you don't mind a little extra pre and post track prep, it's pretty easy. I can post my procedure on the how to section if you're interested.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftf3KYHTOYU

Something else to think about...and now I will leave you more confused than ever :)

This video illustrates the difference between macpherson style design and a double wishbone design.

Hermes said:
I've ripped up my Pirelli's also with too much negative camber [it was only the stock -1.5 that my car had as delivered]. I now adjust between -0.7 for the street and -2.25 for the track. Since I adjust before and after each event, I've gotten very quick at adjusting camber. As it works out, I only get a negligible change in toe when I dial in the extra negative camber which happens to be in the right direction [meaning I go to almost exactly zero toe for the track from 1/16" pos for the street]. If you don't mind a little extra pre and post track prep, it's pretty easy. I can post my procedure on the how to section if you're interested.
Yes
If you could post it in the how to section that would be great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Flyboygsxr said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftf3KYHTOYU

Something else to think about...and now I will leave you more confused than ever :)

This video illustrates the difference between macpherson style design and a double wishbone design.

Very interesting video. The extreme negative camber on the inside tire during hard cornering shown in the video might explain why my track tires wore out on the inside front.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
That is exactly right...For this reason I went with a square setup. I wear the insides up front and the outsides of the tire in the rear so rotating them front to rear allows for more even tire wear and saves me money on tires :)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel