The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MM road and track springs VS h&r race springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drano38

Wayne
I have, Steeda Sport springs and Koni Yellows. Works well and a fair amount of people have used this over the years.
MM camber plates are nice, and I have them. But Vorshlag plates are outstanding from what everyone says, although they cost a bit more.

This is great info thanks everyone!
On lowering I’m not aHuge fan of going slammed the mm springs I feel with what they are advertising is to low and the h&rs are about the same as my FRPP k springs so I wouldn’t minded. With the k springs and my Koni yellows In the front I’m 1/2 turn from stiff and in the rear I believe I’m one 1 turn from soft.

I have, Steeda Sport springs and Koni Yellows. Works well and a fair amount of people have used this over the years.
MM camber plates are nice, and I have them. But Vorshlag plates are outstanding from what everyone says, although they cost a bit more.
Yeah after reading up on the plates it sure seems like everyone seems to love the Vorshlag ones

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Thanks. I understand about using whatever damping available for ‘feel’ and/or personal preference. I wanted to hear your take on usable settings.

Apparently, if I ask you more than that publicly, I would be confirming my argumentative nature...but it’s more about curiosity and trusting what I consider to be a good source for accurate and reliable information. Thanks again.
I will add that the tracks that I have the most experience on - both courses at NJMP - are not at all bumpy, and even rolling over the inside curb on Thunderbolt's T12 is hardly felt at close to 100 mph (seen in my avatar pic).

Norm

TMO Supporting Vendors