The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mobil 1 On Sale at Napa in September

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is a great price on Mobil 1 5W50 and yes it's available here in the US. ;) At $5.89 a quart better order a couple of cases.

http://specials.napaecatalog.com/WebProject.asp?CodeId=7.5.5.12&BookCode=sep12flx#

5 DOT 0 said:
This is a great price on Mobil 1 5W50 and yes it's available here in the US. ;) At $5.89 a quart better order a couple of cases.

http://specials.napaecatalog.com/WebProject.asp?CodeId=7.5.5.12&BookCode=sep12flx#

That is a great price. I just picked up a case from napa a month ago for my oil change and paid $8.75 a qt. thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the info.

Everyone cool using this even though it "technically" doesn't meet the required spec for the cars? (I'm aware the racing program uses it, but just pointing this out for people who may not be aware.)

askjeffro said:
Everyone cool using this even though it "technically" doesn't meet the required spec for the cars? (I'm aware the racing program uses it, but just pointing this out for people who may not be aware.)

I think as long as you use a full synthetic 5W50 (at least with the stock cams), it's fine.

I use the Motorcraft 5W50, but have been thinking about trying the Redline 5W50.

George

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Re: Mobil 1 on sale at NAPA

Used Mobil 1 for years and love it, but keep in mind the weight spectrum is very, very specific for the Boss, and I don't believe Mobil has said range.

At present other than Ford Motorcraft Synthetic I think only Castrol has the same range oil specs.

Bill Pemberton said:
Used Mobil 1 for years and love it, but keep in mind the weight spectrum is very, very specific for the Boss, and I don't believe Mobil has said range.

At present other than Ford Motorcraft Synthetic I think only Castrol has the same range oil specs.

Mobil 1 does offer a 5w50 but its harder to find than Bigfoot. Redline also produces 5w50 weight synthetic as well. It can be purchased online.

F.D. Sako said:
I'm tempted to go buy a couple of cases of the Mobil1, but i keep reading about Amsoil 10w40... still haven't made up my mind.

Assuming you have a stock Boss engine and cams, I suggest sticking with a 5W50 (regardless of brand).

George

cbj5259 said:
Bill Pemberton said:

Mobil 1 does offer a 5w50 but its harder to find than Bigfoot. Redline also produces 5w50 weight synthetic as well. It can be purchased online.

Napa will order the Mobil 1 5W-50 if they don't have in stock. My store had it in next day.

I just ordered Mobile 1 5w-50 from NAPA today, 12qts $76.76. Note my store's catalog was outdated so they had to call the distributor to obtain the correct part number (106035). As of today Dallas, TX distributor had 177qts available minus my 12.

Thanks again Rick for the heads up!

askjeffro said:
Thanks for the info.

From another thread, LateApex posted:
Oh and BTW, I did have some info for you in the Mobil1 story there. Mobil1 doesn't fully meet Ford's spec due the the amount of phosphorus in their additive pack. Over time, Ford concluded with testing that limited amounts of phosphorus (among other additives) could prematurely reduce the effectiveness of the catalytic converters that Ford typically uses. Therefore, Ford created this spec to satisfy potential warranty and/or emissions issues surrounding the cats that might result long-term from use of certain additives.

There was nothing about the oil that would do anything at all to harm your motor. So at least for Mobil1, it comes down to whether or not you care about the factory cats, and if you have done the research on the advantages on using Mobil 1 in your motor. I cannot speak to the others, but personally, Mobil 1 does much better in lab analysis than Motorcraft, and if I had to choose between them, it would be Mobil1 every time. That's like asking me to choose between extra protection for my motor vs. extra protection for my cats. My motor wins this one.

FYI.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Got three cases on the way. My local napa tried to say one they don't sell 5w-50 anything. Two Mobil 1 doesn't make it then three my boss takes 5w-20. Glad someone posted the part number. I love making parts boys look stupid :)

just bought three cases myself.
I was surprised that our local Gaithersburg, MD Napa stocks Mobil1 5w50. so if anyone in MD area wants Mobil1 5w50, visit the Gaithersburg store.

TMO Supporting Vendors