The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mobil 1 on sale at NAPA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Tried checking and I can not pull up any sale for 5.99, just 10.69 for 5-50w, which is the regular price. Found the 29.99 for a 5 qt., which would equate to 5.99 but they don't seem to carry locally. Could not get the heavy weight to pop up , but will call another store to see if any luck?

Last edited:
My boss's choice of oil is 5W50....He had a new swig recently so He's good for awhile......The owner/driver is another story.......................I remember the night I saw Mobil1 on sale at NAPA online and ordered some only to realize later I got lucky with a late night deal.............

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
For 5W50, I end up getting Motorcraft full synthetic from O'Reilly and use their ship to home. They regularly have 15% or 20% off their ship to home when you spend $100 or more. Not too hard to get there by getting a few extra quarts and oil filters. Their regular price has been 8.99/quart, which is a better base price than most other places. Take the extra 15-20% off and it makes it that much better.

For 5W50, I end up getting Motorcraft full synthetic from O'Reilly and use their ship to home. They regularly have 15% or 20% off their ship to home when you spend $100 or more. Not too hard to get there by getting a few extra quarts and oil filters. Their regular price has been 8.99/quart, which is a better base price than most other places. Take the extra 15-20% off and it makes it that much better.
Thanks for the tip. 24 quarts headed my way with free shipping and a 15% discount this month for the Motorcraft 5W-50. With the capacity of my Boss at 12 quarts and my GT350 at 10 quarts I should invest in a tanker or at the very least a 55 gallon drum of oil.

Bay Area
Latest Mobil 1 deals and rebates. If you are stocking up don't forget about friends and family for rebates that have a 2 household limit. 😉
I looked into this and its a waste of time for those of us that use 5-50. They don't even list it at local retailers on their site. I know my local Napa has it and I could not select it on the Mobil 1 site.

I use the mobil one when NAPA throws it on sale. Buy everyone they have at the store. If I want more then have in stock they are always quick to get it to the store in a day or two.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Currently, if you go into the Shell Pennzoil Website and check out coupons you can get a $25 gift card after purchasing 10 quarts ( either two 5 quart containers or 10 bottles ). For those using 5-30W this is nuts, because with the standard pricing at Walmart I paid $23 + each for two 5 qt. jugs and got back a $25 gift card --- essentially costing me $25 with tax for the two full synthetic containers.

TMO Supporting Vendors