The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mobile 1 On Sale at NAPA $5.99 / Qt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Napa is running a sale on Mobile 1 full synthetic motor oil for $5.99 / Quart. The sale runs March 1 - 31, 2016. Napa typically puts Mobile 1 on sale at the beginning of spring and again in the fall.

drano38

Wayne
I've got a couple changes worth of Castrol left, but I think I'll jump on this too.
Thanks for the post.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Grant 302 said:
Best reason to go. Many other places don't even stock it. Other weights like 5W-20 & 30 are regularly stocked and cheaper at Costco, IIRC. This is an annual pilgramage for many Boss owners!

Beats my other deal for Motorcraft 5W50. Tyme to stock up. Thanks for the heads-up 2012-Boss!

There was a grand opening of a NAPA store close to me. They were running a Spend $150 and you got $50 off coupon for the grand opening. I tried to buy $150 of the Mobil 1 and then use the coupon. The respectfully declined and explained the fine print was that you couldn't use the $50 off on "sale items". Oh well, I tried. The were very nice about it! I did pick up all of the 5W50 they had.

I've got a question that's probably been answered somewhere, but I've yet to find it. From Mobil's website,
Mobil 1 5W-50 doesn't meet Ford's spec WSS-M2C931-B/C, recommended for the Boss 302 among other cars. Evidently there've been members running this oil with good result, and I know from personal experience Mobil 1 is top notch stuff (though I've only used Amsoil in the Boss). My guess is that it's strictly a certification or paperwork sort of thing, but that is just a guess. Seems, though, that the the first guy to test this out was a bit of a brave soul.

It's just been a lingering question for me, any intel is appreciated.

BigTaco said:
Oh God, I have met my match. I thought I was pretty OCD about having "spares" and supplies......

Not at all, your in good company on TMO. I have twelve cases of 5w50 on the shelf in my garage, not to mention the gear oil, trains fluid, brake fluid, and the list goes on.

FL450 said:
I've got a question that's probably been answered somewhere, but I've yet to find it. From Mobil's website,
Mobil 1 5W-50 doesn't meet Ford's spec WSS-M2C931-B/C, recommended for the Boss 302 among other cars. Evidently there've been members running this oil with good result, and I know from personal experience Mobil 1 is top notch stuff (though I've only used Amsoil in the Boss). My guess is that it's strictly a certification or paperwork sort of thing, but that is just a guess. Seems, though, that the the first guy to test this out was a bit of a brave soul.

It's just been a lingering question for me, any intel is appreciated.

The Ford specification has less zinc. That is good for catalytic converters, but not so good for wear. Zinc is a high pressure lubricant. I have run the Mobil 1 for five years and over 12,000 track miles in my Boss with no issues.

The Ford specification has less zinc. That is good for catalytic converters, but not so good for wear. Zinc is a high pressure lubricant. I have run the Mobil 1 for five years and over 12,000 track miles in my Boss with no issues.

Good to know the answer, thanks for the reply. I'm assuming all those miles were run with your cats in place, yes?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel