The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mod friendly dealers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anyone know of any mod friendly dealers, in the northeast? The car is pretty much full track prep w/ rollbar, aero, seats, 6pts, semi gutted, etc.

I had a motor failure but not really positive why, would like to see if i can get it under warranty since it's still within powertrain, but I am not sure if they'll cover it or 100% sure why it failed, but i have a pretty good idea

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Just curious but could you buy a new PCM or say get one from another Boss just for the sake of taking it to the dealer? Just trying to throw some ideas out there for you. I haven't tuned my motor at all for this reason. Anytime I take it in the don't just ask me if I have a tune they have accused me of having one. Every time I explain that I don't and then they eat their words when they check. Anyway, good luck.

You may get lucky, I would return it back to stock, leave the battery off for a while and turn on the lights to drain the PCM. They can still ding you for what look like flashes but there is no real proof.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Brandon302 said:
You may get lucky, I would return it back to stock, leave the battery off for a while and turn on the lights to drain the PCM. They can still ding you for what look like flashes but there is no real proof.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Are you saying that the PCM holds power after the battery is disconnected?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I think it does hold power because when I disconnected my battery the other day it still remembered how many miles I had on the "Trip A" computer. That surprised me because I thought it would have reset to zero. There is come type of battery in there holding memory.

Yea, I am not sure how all of it works. I know back in 2011 when #8 was an issue that ford hq was requiring dealers to upload the ecu data to them for inspection or else they would not pay the dealer for the work. I am not sure if that is still the case.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel