The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Modified quad exhaust baffles installed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A quick video after I installed the 5/8" quad exhaust plates I ordered from Rick.
The quads without the baffles were just too loud for me, but these sound great.
Thanks Rick!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJkU1DlSWXo[/youtube]

I'm glad they worked for you. Your Boss looks and sounds fantastic.

I have 5/8" plates in also and like them much better than the stock 3/8". There are times that they seem a little more tame than I'd like and times I think they're a bit loud - so I figure they are probably just right for my taste (okay, hearing). :)

GottaBoss said:
I have 5/8" plates in also and like them much better than the stock 3/8". There are times that they seem a little more tame than I'd like and times I think they're a bit loud - so I figure they are probably just right for my taste (okay, hearing). :)

Many people who have the 5/8's love them, I got the most positive feedback on that size.

The factory size was 5/16 and as Rick mentioned even if 1/8 sounds small it opens up a large area and they sound quite different.

Boss1601 said:
Anyone have access to or seen dB measurements of disk in vs out? Maybe measure from 3-6 ft?

There are vids in the classified section but not real noise dB measurements, sorry.

Remember people every set sold goes to help the run the forum, so order away!!!

YellowBoss said:
Many people who have the 5/8's love them, I got the most positive feedback on that size.

The factory size was 5/16 and as Rick mentioned even if 1/8 sounds small it opens up a large area and they sound quite different.

There are vids in the classified section but not real noise dB measurements, sorry.

Remember people every set sold goes to help the run the forum, so order away!!!

I ordered two sets just last week. Very anxious to give them a try. I ordered 5/8 & 7/8 sizes. I'm going to try the 7/8 first but I'm sure I'll grow tired of the noise after a while and at that point the 5/8 will go in. ;)

SilverBolt said:
I ordered two sets just last week. Very anxious to give them a try. I ordered 5/8 & 7/8 sizes. I'm going to try the 7/8 first but I'm sure I'll grow tired of the noise after a while and at that point the 5/8 will go in. ;)

Funny. I ordered 1/2" and 5/8" figuring the same thing. I also figured that I could always drill one set out larger and that the smaller set (or stocks) could be put in for highway trips if desired. If I find I'm trading them out too much I can always pony up for a set of electric cutouts. It's good to have options. I just think it's great that the Boss engineers gave us so many and the ability to make tuning changes at low cost.

GottaBoss said:
Funny. I ordered 1/2" and 5/8" figuring the same thing. I also figured that I could always drill one set out larger and that the smaller set (or stocks) could be put in for highway trips if desired. If I find I'm trading them out too much I can always pony up for a set of electric cutouts. It's good to have options. I just think it's great that the Boss engineers gave us so many and the ability to make tuning changes at low cost.

Agreed!!

GottaBoss said:

Honestly I doubt many people will make full use of the electric type and I have found 99 percent of the people are very happy with one size. That is why I started messing with these when I first got my Boss. I knew once I found that sweet spot I would leave it there, just like power seats, my truck's seats have not moved since the day I bought it.

The discs are fairly heavy duty and will be hard to drill out without the proper equipment. Before Rick took over these I always recommended getting an idea from the vids and buying two sets that are close. The guys at Ford did do a wonderful job on the design of the pipes, easy to make a big change in the sound of the car and always without any drone. As batman48195 said the 3/4 are "just right" and are the best sellers but I did get the largest percentage of positive feedback vs. actual number of sets sold with the 5/8's.

TMO Supporting Vendors