The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!
Aug

Mohawk Track Experience at Gingerman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
Well it looks like I am out. I received the Magnum XL Wednesday afternoon. I ran into a couple of issues installing and don't have time to finish it, have the tune adjusted and break it in before leaving on Monday. Hopefully I will see everyone next year.
Sorry to hear about your issues. That's frustrating. Next year there will be an influx of Bullitts, as the MTE will be the opening event of the Bullitt Nationals. I'll have a year to decide which car to take.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Sorry to hear about your issues. That's frustrating. Next year there will be an influx of Bullitts, as the MTE will be the opening event of the Bullitt Nationals. I'll have a year to decide which car to take.
The Bullitt will be represented this year as well. Between Brad, Bill and Brian you have the 2003, 2008 and 2019 represented. I am sure there will be others. I hate to miss it, but I knew when the trans showed up Wednesday afternoon the install would have to be issue free to make it and even then it would be really tight. I just couldn't get the bell housing indexed correctly by myself and didn't have help on a week night. I have a friend coming over to help tomorrow. Should will get it back together this week. Then schedule the tuner for a reflash for the gear ratios and the requisite 500 break in miles. It will be back on track soon.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
The Bullitt will be represented this year as well. Between Brad, Bill and Brian you have the 2003, 2008 and 2019 represented. I am sure there will be others. I hate to miss it, but I knew when the trans showed up Wednesday afternoon the install would have to be issue free to make it and even then it would be really tight. I just couldn't get the bell housing indexed correctly by myself and didn't have help on a week night. I have a friend coming over to help tomorrow. Should will get it back together this week. Then schedule the tuner for a reflash for the gear ratios and the requisite 500 break in miles. It will be back on track soon.
I'm looking forward to seeing them again. I think Greg D. is planning on being there, too (probably with his 01). I hope he is, as I've got some 3D printed parts to deliver to him. Good luck on getting your car back together this week!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I'm looking forward to seeing them again. I think Greg D. is planning on being there, too (probably with his 01). I hope he is, as I've got some 3D printed parts to deliver to him. Good luck on getting your car back together this week!
I don't think I know Greg D, but I know that Bill H and Brad are coming. Brian L is supposed to be there as well. You should have corrected me on Brad's Black Bullitt. It is a 2001 not a 2003. I mistyped it earlier. I was there with you guys last year. I have the red candy 2011 GT.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Olsburg, KS
I don't think I know Greg D, but I know that Bill H and Brad are coming. Brian L is supposed to be there as well. You should have corrected me on Brad's Black Bullitt. It is a 2001 not a 2003. I mistyped it earlier. I was there with you guys last year. I have the red candy 2011 GT.
Just had my "ah ha" moment. I remember you being parked with us. I think Greg was only there for the first day last year. He's a retired Ford engineer. I figured you knew which year Brad's car was. It's easy enough to mistype.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Just had my "ah ha" moment. I remember you being parked with us. I think Greg was only there for the first day last year. He's a retired Ford engineer. I figured you knew which year Brad's car was. It's easy enough to mistype.
Yeah, Bill and I have been doing track events around the southeast since the last Steeda/Track Guys Camp Steeda at Sebring 8 or 9 years ago.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Canton, Michigan
I'm pretty excited to go, Only been to Gingerman one other time with stock pads on 2 piston calipers (read: brake fade express.) I've since upgraded to the 4 pot Brembos on ST47 pads sourced by a guy on here. Looking forward to meeting y'all there!

TMO Supporting Vendors