The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

More 2014.5 rumors: 2 guys claim to have seen it

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

http://jalopnik.com/5949026/the-20145-ford-mustang-everything-we-know

Still pretty skeptical. Even if their claims are true, it doesn't mean any of it is really what Ford will do.

This looks good to me.

2015-Ford-Mustang-GT-2Carscoop.jpg

5300d1342710274t-2014-2015-photoshop-thread-tweak2.jpg
original.jpg

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
sounds like it will just be another front and rear update to me. new engine options and an interior update. time will tell. I want an ecoboost 302 lol

Interesting read and I'm not surprised Ford will stay closer to the current looks than what was previously reported. One thing I'm not buying is that there will be three different engines offered. It just doesn't make much sense to offer a V6 Eco Boost when the stated four cylinder is turbo charged with similar HP to the current V6. Now a modified version of one of two engines, similar to what we have in our Bosses, makes more sense. But three distinct engine platforms is a stretch considering the volume sold of the current S197.

Eco4, 6, and 8 makes more sense to me, the eco6 would cannibalize a lot of 8 sales like it has in the trucks. But who knows at this point, maybe the eco6 would make 350 hp and the regular 8 would make 450. It isn't much of a stretch, the eco6 already does in other cars and the 8 is close in our cars. I would not be surprised to see Boss heads on the regular 8, though probably not quite as much finish work like the porting, plus add DI or something similar would boost economy and hp. If the lower weight rumors are true then that could be a pretty serious performance car.

I saw they said there were no questions about the IRS, but they also didn't say (that I saw, I read it pretty quickly) about looking under the car and seeing the suspension on it. Though they did get close enough to put their fingers inside the tail lights.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
The 2013 Ford Explorer Sport Ecoboost 6 cylinder puts out 365 HP:

http://www.insideline.com/ford/explorer/2013/2013-ford-explorer-sport-churns-out-365-horsepower.html

My friends Eco boost F150 puts out well over 400rwhp and over 500 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheels with just a tune and a exhaust.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Might be true. I've heard about it from someone who saw it. I asked if it was a prototype and he said 'No, it's *the* real car'.

Anyway, I didn't put this 2+2 together...but I think I was invited to the same event. Got a letter as a '2012 Mustang owner' offering to focus group something offering to pay, and I think it was for some time last week.

The guy I know is a '13 GT500 owner, and I'm sure it was sent to guys who bought special editions around the area...

Maybe I need to pay better attention to my junk mail :(

908ssp said:
My friends Eco boost F150 puts out well over 400rwhp and over 500 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheels with just a tune and a exhaust.
In for more details on this. I always thought of my Ecoboost F150 as more of an appliance than a rocket. It is surprisingly fast in stock form so not shocked it can be modded to put down some big power. Probably need bigger rear wheels though ;D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
cloud9 said:
908ssp said:
In for more details on this. I always thought of my Ecoboost F150 as more of an appliance than a rocket. It is surprisingly fast in stock form so not shocked it can be modded to put down some big power. Probably need bigger rear wheels though ;D

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nC9REyOUYw4&feature=youtube_gdata[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqE86s5Mk3w&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

jec246

5 DOT 0 said:
This looks good to me.

original.jpg

My source which has a source (being very vauge people were losing their jobs etc) has confirmed to me that this is very close. The headlights are more angled and the rear is a little shorter. No word on the engine stuff though.

Joe BOSS said:
5 DOT 0 said:
This looks good to me.

original.jpg

My source which has a source (being very vauge people were losing their jobs etc) has confirmed to me that this is very close. The headlights are more angled and the rear is a little shorter. No word on the engine stuff though.
If this is what they go with, I will be very pleased.

TMO Supporting Vendors