The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

More Boss Mods done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello Everyone,

its been a while since I have been on any forums.

Recently I installed some upgrades on my 2013 Boss.

Mcleod Extreme Street Clutch rated to 700HP/700TRQ and Mcleods steel flywheel

http://www.mcleodracing.com/index.php/clutch-kits/street-extreme/street-extreme-pns-41240.html

20150803_104633_zpsb3maabdw.jpg

20150803_141820_zpsfwcth6rk.jpg

MGW race spec Ver. 2

https://www.mgwshifters.com/shifters/mustangs/79

20150803_124818_zpstuwoicis.jpg

Maximum Motorsports Tubular K Member, Bump Steer kit, transmission scoop, Extreme duty Lower Control arms, Lower control arm relocation brackets.

20150815_120701_zpsyrizy8hc.jpg

20150815_124748_zpsmarx8f2n.jpg

20150815_124736_zpssehyxykr.jpg

FB_IMG_1439667955089_zpsxxmtgrlx.jpg

I also installed some Trueforged 18 x 10 Chicane 3 pc wheels and had them custom powder coated by my friend Robbie.

they are wrapped in 295/30/18 Toyo Tires R888

IMG_20150908_171424_zpsctotvaja.jpg

IMG_20150909_161636_zpsptuzafzq.jpg

20150908_183957_zpsqseti5kc.jpg

The Clutch and Shifter eliminated the shifting problems 100% I would highly recommend these mods to anyone. THEY ARE A MUST.

The suspension Mods are amazing. the car feels so much more stable on hard turns. the corrected geometry feels amazin

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Wow, car looks badass and you have done some great mods. A new clutch and flywheel have been on my list for a looong time. I already made the switch to the MGW Racespec Gen II and that was an improvement over the sloppy stock shifter but still not the holly grail. I have all but decided on the RXT with a lightened steel flywheel but now I'm waiting on approval from my banker...aka wifey, aka dictator :)

You'll have to tell us a little more on how this setup improved the shifting quality and are you still on the original transmission? Thanks again

Adam

Flyboygsxr said:
Wow, car looks badass and you have done some great mods. A new clutch and flywheel have been on my list for a looong time. I already made the switch to the MGW Racespec Gen II and that was an improvement over the sloppy stock shifter but still not the holly grail. I have all but decided on the RXT with a lightened steel flywheel but now I'm waiting on approval from my banker...aka wifey, aka dictator :)

You'll have to tell us a little more on how this setup improved the shifting quality and are you still on the original transmission? Thanks again

Adam

I can literally bang gears at 8200 RPMs now and it shifts like butter. I am on my 3rd transmission and it is an amazing feeling knowing i can shift over 7k now. Before my car would not go out of gear at high RPMs due to the factory clutch not disengaging. If your car doesn't make a ton of power go with this clutch the pedal feel like stock and it bites hard. it is rated to 700/700 i went with the ceramic disk on both sides.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Very Nice!! Shifter and clutch do make a world of difference. I am hoping these mods save the trans for me.

Have you had any issues with the tubular K Member? I have heard of issues with flex.

Nice looking ride!! I Love the Yellow Blaze!!

TMSBOSS said:
Very Nice!! Shifter and clutch do make a world of difference. I am hoping these mods save the trans for me.

Have you had any issues with the tubular K Member? I have heard of issues with flex.

Nice looking ride!! I Love the Yellow Blaze!!

I have not. it drastically changed the way the car handles. MAximum motorsports knows their stiff when it comes to rigidity. are you talkign abotu flex in the actual k member or in the floor where it bolts to?

Awesome.
I got a maximum motorsport K-member coming soon glad to hear it work well. Hopefully their radiator support and brace is released soon.

Here's good info about that K-member from SVTPerformance.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1038818-Maximum-Motorsports-S197-K-Member&highlight=maximum

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel