The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

More delays? I hope not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hope this is wrong, but this thread says Q2+ builds will be delayed:

edit-------nothing to worry about folks------
this explanation from sprint is the best:
"Every unit that has not yet been serialized and scheduled always shows up as "material hold" status....... That means nothing other than "the parts aren't at the plant for THAT car yet because they don't need them there yet...."

I got a confirmation from a Ford employee on blueovalforums yesterday that mine is still scheduled for 2/28. Doesn't it seem odd that they would be delaying 2nd quarter cars for material hold right now? Production is still two months away for those cars. Of course it does take about 6 weeks for the slow boat from China to arrive with transmissions if that happened to be the holdup.

This means nothing!

It's just Ford's way of saying they are not ready to build that unit yet and they don't have the parts for THAT car laying around the plant yet................. More fear-mongering from dealer/sales person types........... ::)

sprint200 said:
This means nothing!

It's just Ford's way of saying they are not ready to build that unit yet and they don't have the parts for THAT car laying around the plant yet................. More fear-mongering from dealer/sales person types........... ::)
While it might mean nothing I don't think it "fear-mongering" from this dealer. He's got some information that he's passing along. It remains to be seen if it's accurate or not.

sprint200 said:
This means nothing!

sprint, I wish you'd post the same words as in your other post where you mentioned all non-serialized orders appear as "material hold". Therefore there are no delays. Yea!

It's just that we went through all of this non-sense 5 years ago with the GT500's. And lots of dealers tried to use it as leveredge for ADM's back then. Basically if your dealer submits your order before Ford is ready to pull that order and put it in the process, then it's status will read "On Material Hold". It will stay that way until Ford pulls that order, gives it a VIN etc....

That is why a few dealers won't submit their order until the zone rep tells them their allocation is ready to be pulled. My GT500 dealer got that news on a Thursday, submitted my order on Friday and by the next Tuesday I had a VIN. My car then never showed a "Material Hold". But other guys (one in Colorado in particular) had their orders submitted the first day the order banks were opened and then sat on "Material Hold" for over 365 days.....before it was their turn to get built.

sprint200 said:
It's just that we went through all of this non-sense 5 years ago with the GT500's. And lots of dealers tried to use it as leveredge for ADM's back then. Basically if your dealer submits your order before Ford is ready to pull that order and put it in the process, then it's status will read "On Material Hold". It will stay that way until Ford pulls that order, gives it a VIN etc....

That is why a few dealers won't submit their order until the zone rep tells them their allocation is ready to be pulled. My GT500 dealer got that news on a Thursday, submitted my order on Friday and by the next Tuesday I had a VIN. My car then never showed a "Material Hold". But other guys (one in Colorado in particular) had their orders submitted the first day the order banks were opened and then sat on "Material Hold" for over 365 days.....before it was their turn to get built.
Thanks for clarifying that and that makes sense. I'm sure dealers are looking for any reason possible to add ADM.

ArizonaGT said:
One of the FEW "benefits" of having a Q4 build is not having to worry about this stuff causing frontloading delays in the system :)
Hey ArizonaGT, the Q4 build for your car mean that is is going to be OCT,NOV or DEC. Will that make it a 2013 car?

1BadBoss said:
ArizonaGT said:
One of the FEW "benefits" of having a Q4 build is not having to worry about this stuff causing frontloading delays in the system :)
Hey ArizonaGT, the Q4 build for your car mean that is is going to be OCT,NOV or DEC. Will that make it a 2013 car?
doubt it

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
No, it will be a 2012. Hopefully "Q4" really means end of Q3 or sooner :) Or maybe one of the guys ahead of me in my dealer's allocation will drop out and I can snag their spot.

We shall see!

cloud9 said:
I got a confirmation from a Ford employee on blueovalforums yesterday that mine is still scheduled for 2/28. Doesn't it seem odd that they would be delaying 2nd quarter cars for material hold right now? Production is still two months away for those cars. Of course it does take about 6 weeks for the slow boat from China to arrive with transmissions if that happened to be the holdup.
Hey cloud9, my scheduled build date is 2/28 too.

1BadBoss said:
cloud9 said:
Cool. Has anyone heard it production actually started last week? If so, some cars should be completed this week...

cloud9 said:
1BadBoss said:
cloud9 said:
Cool. Has anyone heard it production actually started last week? If so, some cars should be completed this week...

The earliest (after the initial round of rescheduling) I can remember someone posting was 2/14. StillIntense was 1/17, but I don't recall his new week.

TMO Supporting Vendors