The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

More Photos from Laguna Seca

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saltshaker said:
Good morning everyone, Is it possible we are getting the red and orange cars confused?, I see some side by side pictures in the line up photos and my wife and I seem to agree which are red and orange. I have checked two other computters at work with one agreeing with my home unit.. I believe there were two red with black cars there..Just my thoughts..
The cars between the yellow and white are red and the ones on the end next to blue are orange.

5 DOT 0 said:
All of the colors look great and my only concern with the white roof, on kona only, is that the white roof with the dark kona blue makes is look like a police interceptor. :D
Understand and that's what I originally thought. But the more I see it the more it looks "right". I saw one photoshopped with a Kona Blue roof and it lost it for me. It looked like a GT with after-market stripes.
5 DOT 0 said:
BTW I had it confirmed that ALL the Boss cars used on the racetrack at Laguna Seca this past week had the brake cooling ducts installed.
Good to know. Makes me think even more that pads, fluid, steel braided lines and rotors will be desired on track. Did they confirm if any of these elements were changed from stock?

cloud9 said:
Did they confirm if any of these elements were changed from stock?
The only comment I received was the cooling ducts were installed. I bet everything else was stock. I'm sure those cars took a beating during the media event and Ford wanted to make sure that on the track they lasted. I imagine anyone serious about tracking their Boss a lot will install the cooling ducts so Ford installing them is no foul in my book.

5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
Did they confirm if any of these elements were changed from stock?
The only comment I received was the cooling ducts were installed. I bet everything else was stock. I'm sure those cars took a beating during the media event and Ford wanted to make sure that on the track they lasted. I imagine anyone serious about tracking their Boss a lot will install the cooling ducts so Ford installing them is no foul in my book.
Agree on the ducts on all counts. Given that, it makes me more inclined to upgrade the other items for the track based on the reviews. That was about the only negative I heard and upgrading for track use is only natural anyway. The only other negative comment I heard was the live rear axle. I'm guessing a Watts link will solve that as well.

Jza1736 said:
New to nodding, what exactly does a watts link do?
It helps plant the rear end of a solid rear axle car during acceleration on corner exiting or over uneven pavement. You basically have a more predictable rear end that is less prone to oversteer. It replaces the panhard bar from the factory. The Watts Link keeps the rear differential from moving in an arcing motion and keeps the movement vertical so you don't feel the "squishiness" like the rear axle is floating underneath you.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
cloud9 said:
Can anyone confirm if this is CO?
I think that's red, they are close though.

This one is orange.
132698466.KR5b1ZdR.106a.jpg

Red
more-photos-from-laguna-seca

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Mark said:
I am fairly certain those are both orange
I really hope so. They look great and I'm just hoping the orange isn't too washed out like I've seen in some photos. In sunlight, I'd expect it to look brighter like in these photos.

5 DOT 0 said:
Mark said:
I am fairly certain those are both orange
Here we go again. ;D I know a lot of you guys are color blind so have you SO's come in the room and look at the two photos I posted. One's orange and one's red. You get to decide which is which. ;)
LOL. Ok, your orange photo wasn't displaying before. I can see the somewhat subtle difference. So tell me what color is this one from Ford?

Attachments

• 2012mustang_boss_014.jpg
    2012mustang_boss_014.jpg
    207.3 KB · Views: 167

TMO Supporting Vendors