The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

More Photos of the 2021 Mach 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Thanks for blowing up the Autoweek pics as they are really small on my phone--- better visuals here at TMO! So now we know the Mach 1 will be run in a limited Edition of 101 Models. This will be the famous " Dalmation" model and a free Day Pass at Disney is included.

Thanks for blowing up the Autoweek pics as they are really small on my phone--- better visuals here at TMO! So now we know the Mach 1 will be run in a limited Edition of 101 Models. This will be the famous " Dalmation" model and a free Day Pass at Disney is included.

how can you see phone pictures on a land line?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Now that is funny , but surprisingly I do have a land line , but it only functions for WiFi and security -- and it does neither one very well, ha. No ringy dingy!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
SoCal
That bumper looks as though the car could be fitted with oil and trans coolers like the 350 cars. From what I've read, it sounds like it'll be a GT PP2 with the 350 swing and the 350 intake tube. If it has those extra coolers, I'd be very interested.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Interesting quote from a mustangforums.com write up:

“As for other features and specifications, like power, we can only guess. We recently confirmed that the Mustang Mach 1 will have its own 5.0L variant, which Ford is calling the “epitome of naturally aspirated 5.0-liter V8 performance.” But this could mean either a complete upgrade like the Boss 302 Roadrunner engine or simply an intake, throttle body, and a tune, as we’ve seen in the Bullitt. However, without the Shelby GT350 returning to showrooms next year, that means Ford can push the Mach 1’s power numbers up into the low (to mid?) 500hp range without crowding their own market.

The only other big question is transmission. As the most track-focused 5.0 of all time, will Ford keep it a manual-only model and possibly spring for a Tremec? Or could we possibly see a version of the GT500’s amazing DCT as an option? Going with the former speaks to the heritage of the Mach 1 and tracking, but DCTs shift faster than the best humans. Either way, I can’t wait to find out.”

The option of either a Tremec manual or the DCT would be a home run IMO.

Yes we need the Tremec from the GT350 in this car. It will at a minimum have 480 HP from the Bullitt. Hoping for 500.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Tremec , Tremec , Tremec..........VoodooBoss has spoken and the throngs agree!!!

Flip Phone, Bryon , how did you hear my secret. But to be exact. it is call a Flip You Off Phone, and I only use it on Vette Drivers , haha!!

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I think Anti meant he wants a Tremec --- welcome to the world of Spellcheck which alters what we try to write, so thanks TMO for the edit button. I know I am constantly having to change stuff due to the ole cumpooter telling me it wants to put something else in!

HAHA, what rock have you been hiding under late? Guess you haven’t seen th FGT, GT500, GT350..
The one where I used to work there in engineering and still have close ties to many who do still. Their great product people aren't in place anymore. The FGT and GT350 were conceived under good leadership. The GT500 is a mixed bag. If you can take your blue tinted glasses off for a bit you may see the lack of vision.

Bay Area
The one where I used to work there in engineering and still have close ties to many who do still. Their great product people aren't in place anymore. The FGT and GT350 were conceived under good leadership. The GT500 is a mixed bag. If you can take your blue tinted glasses off for a bit you may see the lack of vision.
Well excuse me.. apparently I don’t have the insider information like you do. I’ll stick to my shaded glasses and enjoy what I have though.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel