The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

More stuff on the way, reviews to follow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just made another order with Chemical Guys for:

Meticulous Matte (try it on stripes)
6 cans of Black on Black spray
12pk of the Silk banded yellow towels (have 24 already, they're nice and cheap)
The Goat-boar's hair lug brush (CHEAP)
20" Wheel well brush
4 Sasquatch Maximus towels (We'll compare these to Adam's single soft and Griots Blue)

Autogeek:
Rupes Bigfoot 21
2pk Meguiar's MF cutting pads 6"
32oz 105
32oz 205
6pk of LC CCS 6.5" (4 gold 2 white) for finishing
Rupes Bigfoot bag

Still have an order from Adams and Detailed Image on the way:

Gallon of DWC
6 pk of VRT foam blocks
Wheel woolies
36oz VRT
Adam's Blaster Sidekick dryer
more Brilliant Glaze

PLUS
50ml 22ple pro
5 applicators

Needless to say Justin and I will be doing lots of reviews here shortly lol. The pads and polish will be used on his Flex too. I'm selling my PC and Adam's pads/polish to my neighbor as I've outgrown it. Still love most other stuff Adam's makes, they just need more cut in the polish.

Stay tuned

Some pics for stuff that has come in so far.

The Rupes, you can see the massive throw it has for a DA.
i7svz6I.jpg
LVCWloj.jpg

The Bigfoot Bag, really nice, holds a lot.
23sM4Yx.jpg

The detail supplies. Stuff on the bottom left next to the ONR was bought, used once and relegated to the Never use again section.
oO3wxmO.jpg

MF Towels:
Left: Griot's Drying Waffle Weave Right: CG Silk Banded Orange
f8pM2tU.jpg

Left: More CG Silk Banded Orange/Griot's Polish towels/Applicators Right: Adam's Single/Double Soft
9qz49w3.jpg

Left: CG Sasquatch Right: Griot's Blue/Green
qIjZwNP.jpg

The Sasquatch's are a perfect blend of the thickness from Adam's Single and double soft plus the softness of the Griot's Blue towels.

Some comparison pics.

Adam's Double/Single soft
WOboTwD.jpg

Griot's Blue/Adam's Single Soft
vjcKDmX.jpg

CG Sasquatch/Adam's Single Soft
3FXZm5Q.jpg

CG Sasquatch/Adam's Double Soft
9Ua8v3S.jpg

Another little surprise from Redline today. Black Alcantara Ebrake/Shift Boots with green stitching.
y3Y5GHJ.jpg

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
dabossinne said:
That Griot's Show Wax is about the only product of theirs I don't like. Damn stuff is impossible get off. Hate it.
I am not a fan of most anything griots makes other then their drying towels and their microfiber towels. If you are a wax guy get the americana from adams its great

CG's MMD is an excellent product. M105/205 I have used it once, put it on the shelf and went to the old stand by Menzerna SIP followed by Nano.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Justin

Phantom said:
CG's MMD is an excellent product. M105/205 I have used it once, put it on the shelf and went to the old stand by Menzerna SIP followed by Nano.

what are you using for a DA?

Justin

Phantom said:
PC 7336 with 4" spot buff pads. PC 7424XP with 5.5" LC flat pads.

thats why. it works best with the flex or rupes. the rupes is soooooooo nice. so so much faster. 21 mm throw on that beast!!!!

Plus 105/205 is SMAT, menz stuff is all DAT. I hate having to flash polish. I wanna polish just as much as I need to.

http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/m10512.html

Many use it with a DA with outstanding results. I just don't like it. Maybe you will :)

Phantom said:
http://www.autodetailingsolutions.net/m10512.html

Many use it with a DA with outstanding results. I just don't like it. Maybe you will :)

You can get great results with a ton of different stuff, including Adam's. Whatever works for you and what you like is what you should use. If you have your technique down and like a certain setup then awesome, what matters is the results.

I wanted to go SMAT and needed more time saving than my PC was offering which is why I went with the Rupes.

More stuff on the way.

Optimum Opti-Glass Coating - Will be trying this on 4 cars including Justin's Boss

Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer - Supposed to be a good detail spray but it's in a concentrate like ONR. Will be tested against Adam's, Meg's Final Inspect, Z8.

Brinkman Maxfire Swirl finder light - Xenon bulb, have a hard time finding all swirls with just my LED light(Fenix TK35)

6 more CCS pads - Pink/Orange/White

Boxes from Autogeek came in today.

Put Opti-glass on all the glass but haven't gotten the car wet to try it out. Will update tomorrow.

Optimum Instant Detailer was put up against Adam's new formula. OID is very good in slickness and shine and it wipes streak free very easily. I still have to give the nod to Adam's as the slickness is just unbeatable right now. However it's a slight difference that only crazy people like me and Justin notice. A gallon of OID is ~$45 and it makes 4 gallons of detail spray. Adams is almost $50 a gallon so that is definitely a factor.

Also got 3 more gallons of ONR to bring the total to 5 gallons lol. My garage is starting to look like a detail store.

TMO Supporting Vendors