The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Moroso 20572 aluminum oil pan

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I thought you guys would want some up close and personal pictures, since it's impossible to find decent photos of what these oil pans actually look like. This is the aluminum model. I weighed it on my cheap bathroom scale and it came in at 9.5 lbs, but I'll give it a weigh on a proper shipping scale before I install it.

Prices have gone up, but it's still sub $500 if you hunt around. The steel version is a steal (no pun) at $300 shipped. After inspection, I don't know how I could ask for more from an oil pan (cough cough 302S pan cough). The welds are immaculate and it arrived perfectly clean (no debris/dust to get into the oil). This will definitely encourage me to change my oil more frequently, since there's no way to enjoy the way it looks once installed.

I removed the sump cover to expose the trap doors and baffles in some pictures.

The pan comes with the oil level sensor bung installed in the correct location
Moroso+Oil+Pan+-+5.jpg

Optional oil drainback from a turbo/supercharger seen on the left
Moroso+Oil+Pan+-+6.jpg

This will stay plugged for me
Moroso+Oil+Pan+-+8.jpg

The sump cover only lets oil through on the perimeter
Moroso+Oil+Pan+-+7.jpg

Optional fitting for oil temperature sensor on the bottom of the pan
Moroso+Oil+Pan+-+9.jpg

Magnetic drain plug shown on bottom left. This view shows the asymmetric shape of the pan. It flares out toward the bottom sump pickup to increase oil capacity
Moroso+Oil+Pan+-+10.jpg

Moroso+Oil+Pan+-+1.jpg

There are three separate compartments, each with trap doors to the sump pickup. Each door is clocked differently to open or close in specific scenarios (i.e. cornering loads, accelerating)
Moroso+Oil+Pan+-+11.jpg
Moroso+Oil+Pan+-+3.jpg

A view of the passenger side compartment
Moroso+Oil+Pan+-+2.jpg

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Looks great. Fill it with mineral spirits and let it sit overnight to check for any leaks at the welds before install. Learned that the hard way years ago on a pushrod 5.0 in a Fox. Sucks when you have to drop the K member again to replace because of a leak. Good luck and post some install info and pics.
Steve

Just a friendly reminder to pull out those plugs and add some sealant to the threads if you don't use them for another purpose. They will leak...you don't need to ask me how I know :mad:

KRost said:
Just a friendly reminder to pull out those plugs and add some sealant to the threads if you don't use them for another purpose. They will leak...you don't need to ask me how I know :mad:

I saw a note in the instructions requiring teflon tape (of all things) onto the plugs that were to be used. Thanks for the heads up.

neema said:
I saw a note in the instructions requiring teflon tape (of all things) onto the plugs that were to be used. Thanks for the heads up.

I've been using this stuff for about 10 years now. And I have been buying it from Guzzle the whole time. It's great stuff, and perfect for oil pan fittings. It never totally hardens. It just seals great and doesn't fight you if you remove the plug.

Gasoila

80.jpg

http://www.dieselorings.com/shop-supplies/gasoila-diesel-rated-paste-thread-sealant-2oz-tube.html

TMO Supporting Vendors