The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Moroso Oil Pan - 20572 -thoughts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm getting ready to install quite a list of parts on my 2013 Boss, prior to my next road course event at Barber Motorsports Park in August..

Those of you who have purchased and installed the Moroso Oil pan, where did you find the best place to purchase it was and how much? Amazon and Steeda seem to be the best as both offer the pan (Moroso P/N 20572) from between $475-$490.. Let me know your thoughts and if you think it was a great investment over the FRPP 302R oil pan.
Also, did you purchase and install a new oil pan gasket as well? Anyone have a FRPP part number for the gasket??

Thanks.!

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
American Muscle is where I bought mine. If you are on Allfordmustangs.com you can also get a 6% discount code with them by signing up in the vendor section. I can't post it because they ask you not to. Got mine for $449 shipped I did use a new gasket but you really don't need to, it is a Ford Service part not FRPP, use fordparts.com to look it up.
Steve

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Moroso Oil Pan - 20572 -thoughts?

Americanmuscle 6 % code is on their Facebook page it's no secret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steeda turned out to be the cheapest, and the only place that had it in Stock! Other vendors were 3-4 weeks out. just an FYI. Pan should arrive today and K-member will be dropped tonight!

neema said:
~$700 in your pocket?

...and aluminum construction, maybe. But really the $700 in your pocket.

I agree, plus this one has the level indicator bung welded in, and a spot/plug for an oil temp sensor. Not to mention the savings in your pocket!

FedEx email says it was FINALLY delivered today.. i'll take some photos of it tonight and post em up.. After the Brasil/Germany Cup game!

Luke

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Looks like I'm too late, but do you happen to have any pictures of the baffles? Looks like black bolts, screws or rivets holding the baffles in?

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
neema said:
Check pictures in this thread: https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=7361

Should be some shots of the baffles.

Thanks for the additional photos.

Question (really a concern). The bolts (allen head screws) that are holding the upper baffle in place, were there specific instructions for installing those?

The reason I ask... many years ago, a relatively well-known BMW show sold baffle kits for E36 M3s. One of the items in the install was to install a screw to hold the upper baffle in place. What several racers found (the hard way) was that the vibrations / engine harmonics would / could eventually cause the screws to come loose resulting (in some cases) catastrophic engine failure. What I'm wondering if you (we) wouldn't be better served having that welded in place or at least loc-tite / mar the item so that there is no possible way for them to come out?

The pan came assembled, but my curiosity led to removing the upper sump cover. The screws didn't use a thread sealant as them came from Moroso, but a dab of Loc-tite wouldn't be a bad idea.

i was going to remove the upper baffle cover and take some pics, but Neema already posted his, so i didn't. However, the Alen head screws (black heads u see) were actually torqued in pretty well from the factory. I don't see them backing out. However, if you purchase it and feel the need, add some red locktight and you'll be fine!

Luke

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
SC BOSS said:
However, if you purchase it and feel the need, add some red locktight and you'll be fine!

The pan is on my list. If I do get this pan, then I'll be welding the upper pan in place ;)

Thank you both for the pictures and post. Very informative!

TMO Supporting Vendors