The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mortimer Duke stumped me with a simple question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

He asked me, "would you trade the widebody for a new GT500?"

Dang. That stopped me in my tracks. The new five hundred is lightyears ahead in performance, but having a 1 of 1 supercharged widebody convertible is a dream come true.

I still don't have an answer, a week later...

sjbp04ziy_f6843dcda39c668cc78bda34980495d44d207b87.jpg

sgddrfr92_f50b39d0c5505dd55f62a352f389055a784379ef.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
So true....So True....................................That's one reason why my Boss stays with me.........
Another TWO 350s lost engines at Willow Springs the other week. I heard one blew an oil fitting and the other blew a hole through the pan, which oiled down T8.

If it took a week, the answer is a resounding, "NO!"

There's no hurry on the GT500s. There'll always be an overpriced one nearby...here in Cali.
This. You can’t even use the HP you have now on the street so stay unique.

Another TWO 350s lost engines at Willow Springs the other week. I heard one blew an oil fitting and the other blew a hole through the pan, which oiled down T8.

I can't help but think over time the Voodoo will gain a reputation as "less reliable than a Coyote."

This. You can’t even use the HP you have now on the street so stay unique.

Well, one can always use more power on those Mexican highways on the way back from Vegas! But I hear you.

The widebody isn't going anywhere. Besides, who knows what forms the GT500 will take over the next few years. AWD anyone?

Next up will be a better electric to replace the Focus.

TMO Supporting Vendors