The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Motor Trend video of GT350 is out today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which means their "head to head" video with the R and Z/28 should be out later this week (hopefully).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbbNlkP-ZSM&ab_channel=MotorTrendChannel

Randy liked it. I can't wait for the comparison.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
It looks like they really liked it but the numbers don't really reflect the performance they are raving about. Here is a motortrend article on the Camaro SS, 1LE, and Z/28 and the GT350 doesn't stack up very well...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1409_on_chevrolet_camaro_do_the_tires_make_the_car/braking_skidpad.html

On a side note, I really like Randy but motortrend has been going down hill in my eyes ever since Carlos left. It's kind of cheesy...just stick to the car stuff guys.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Head 2 Head is going to debut on November 25th according to Randy Pobst. I am EAGERLY awaiting that release.

Also looking forward to watching this video once I get some free time today.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
On a side note, I really like Randy but motortrend has been going down hill in my eyes ever since Carlos left. It's kind of cheesy...just stick to the car stuff guys.
[/quote]

+1 I've dropped all my subscriptions (C&D, R&T, MT, Automobile). They're all beholding to the manufacturers for ad revenue, when's the last time you read a really negative review of any vehicle,. I know there are some real dogs out there. Then add in the political references and foul language and I'll keep my money.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Exactly...if they did an honest review the manufacturer might not give them another car in the future. I like Chris Harris but I have started to notice even he has started to go down the political road. Another thing is sometimes these editors are shi$$y drivers and don't even know what they are doing behind the wheel. If motortrend didn't have Randy they would be horrible. He's the only reason I still watch them

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Flyboygsxr said:
+1 I've dropped all my subscriptions (C&D, R&T, MT, Automobile).

Now that you've dropped those, order this: Grassroots Motorsports. I always seem to find something interesting in this pub.

302 Hi Pro

A bit disappointing that MotorTrend and Randy used a track that makes it difficult to compare the performance of the GT 350 vs other cars. Why keep us in the dark?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Maybe the car is too good and they didn't want to embarrass the europeans....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

As much as I love the car and appreciate the lengthy, very positive video, it's not one of their better videos of late. The one they did of the Bentley a few weeks ago is absolutely hilarious. Jason Camisa is a truly funny host most of the time.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
From the lap time thread looks like 1:59.95 is the fastest time which is only about a second quicker and that was on PZero slicks. Not a lot of exposure or lap times to compare though at Chuckwalla

ArizonaBOSS said:
I plan on going a couple seconds faster if we run clockwise in February, but a 2:00 time there in either direction is very quick.
I saw that lap time and am hoping they were sandbagging it a bit so the R comparison looks better. I ran a 2:03 in one of the caged 2013 GT school cars on Eibach springs and Falken Azenis. Of course it did cause three of the OEM driver front studs to pop :) Didn't you run a sub 2:00 in your race-prepped B2 already Drew?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel