The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Motor Trend's Response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

what was this thread about again...

OH YA! Motor Trend should have tested the ZL1 against the current GT500 since a '13 wasn't available.

PS. When reading political viewpoints, 50% of the readers think "this person is an idiot". Try to remember that before you make or respond to politically slanted posts.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
One wonders with all the mods and technical experitise often given on this site, whether a ZL1 could actually keep up with a well prepped Boss on a hot and sunny day. Would surprise me if the brakes weren't overworked with the extra weight and heat soak might surely set in with the SC.

Having seen the time Gaspar ran at Motorsports Park Hastings, and having run 3 laps in a Laguna Seca myself there, it would not surprise me one bit to see a Boss jump all over a ZL1 when pure straight line speed was not part of the equation. Guess we will have to wait and see, but so far the only test I have seen was at Inde Raceway in Arizona ,and from drivers I know that have run that track , they said it was a point a squirt ribbon of asphalt -- where a supercharger may have an advantage ( that and the track elevation is well over 4,000 ft in altitude ).

But then , I could be biased , ha,ha.

Mark thank you for your statement, I just laughed my behind off on this print, and I see the comparison between MT and GM plus our politicians....the agenda is wrong. As a small business owner, you have to let them fail or succeed on there own. No one deserves a bail out. GM & Dodge should have failed, but they would not have done this, it is all smoke and mirrors, build a better car and we will purchase them, build a better Mustang and look what we did, Made me purchase one and I had never owned one past 1970. IMO

snowboss said:
I like my Boss, don't care if the ZL1 is faster or whatever. I did not take "MY TAX DOLLARS" to build it, damn proud of that fact. Politics or not I feel "right" in my decision.

All political pros and cons of the bailout aside I do feel like this as well. I think Ford did a stellar job staying afloat without needing our money. Definitely a great achievement. Besides for making a kick ass vehicle they deserve my money for that too.

Ford was just raised from BB+ junk to BBB- lowest investment grade. Does that make a difference about the Boss? No, probably not. But since people mentioned the bailout.

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
CaliMR said:
Ford was just raised from BB+ junk to BBB- lowest investment grade. Does that make a difference about the Boss? No, probably not. But since people mentioned the bailout.
I don't think you represent Ford's rating correctly. I am not a finance expert but I think if a bond rating is classified as "investment" grade then it is not considered "junk".

MakeMyDay said:
CaliMR said:
I don't think you represent Ford's rating correctly. I am not a finance expert but I think if a bond rating is classified as "investment" grade then it is not considered "junk".
We noticed. ;) What he's saying is it was upgraded from junk to investment grade.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fitch-restores-ford-credit-investment-123536701.html

Dvendet

Everyone's entitled to my opinion. ;)
5 DOT 0 said:
MakeMyDay said:
CaliMR said:
We noticed. ;) What he's saying is it was upgraded from junk to investment grade.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/fitch-restores-ford-credit-investment-123536701.html
My Bad 5 DOT. At least I got the investment grade part right.

Bill Pemberton said:
One wonders with all the mods and technical experitise often given on this site, whether a ZL1 could actually keep up with a well prepped Boss on a hot and sunny day. Would surprise me if the brakes weren't overworked with the extra weight and heat soak might surely set in with the SC.

Having seen the time Gaspar ran at Motorsports Park Hastings, and having run 3 laps in a Laguna Seca myself there, it would not surprise me one bit to see a Boss jump all over a ZL1 when pure straight line speed was not part of the equation.
I'm kinda hoping I get to find out some time this summer ;D The question is will they show up at the track? My guess is they'll look for opportunities to make interstate 3rd to 4th gear "kills" so they can get on the camaro forums and talk about how they smoked a Boss.

Fitch raised the rating from BB+ to BBB-. BB+ is junk. BBB- is the lowest of the investment grades. Sorry if I was not clear.

Cloud9, it will be like the SRT4 Neon guys who would only race the Evos from a roll ;D

They liked to roll up and hit the nitrous purge, it was an SRT thing. So my response was always to roll the back windows down and up, it is like the middle finger because they had manual windows in the back. I don't street race though, street racing is for dopes.

cloud9 said:
Bill Pemberton said:

Having seen the time Gaspar ran at Motorsports Park Hastings, and having run 3 laps in a Laguna Seca myself there, it would not surprise me one bit to see a Boss jump all over a ZL1 when pure straight line speed was not part of the equation.
I'm kinda hoping I get to find out some time this summer ;D The question is will they show up at the track? My guess is they'll look for opportunities to make interstate 3rd to 4th gear "kills" so they can get on the camaro forums and talk about how they smoked a Boss.
Yeah let one try that to me ;D Rubbing is racing ;D Ill take their pos to the wall ;D

Since this thread has totally fallen of its rails, I'll add that ford stock is paying a dividend again, so at current prices its about a 1.75% annual return, which beats out the banks quite a bit. Of course, owning the stock is much riskier, but it also has upside with a P/E of less than 3.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel