The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Motor Trend's Response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Boss just seems "anti Liberal"! It's fun, eats gas, people had to WORK and earn money to buy it and most of all, THE GOVERNMENT didn't subsidize or have anything to do with it. So Im declaring the Boss Conservative!!!! way to go Ford. Sorry, I believe in the old America!

Tflong24 said:
The Boss just seems "anti Liberal"! It's fun, eats gas, people had to WORK and earn money to buy it and most of all, THE GOVERNMENT didn't subsidize or have anything to do with it. So Im declaring the Boss Conservative!!!! way to go Ford. Sorry, I believe in the old America!

I share all the viewpoints you just wrote down. I really do. Yet I take grave offense in declaring my dream car 'conservative'. So, please don't.

UM ANYWAY,

MT did the article to sell magazine. Mystery solved.

If no one has noticed, MT has considerably changed their magazine over the last year. Beyond pimping their digital version and content over and over in the main editorial section, they have also shifted the magazine to try and be much more like Top Gear with stories of exotic cars in exotic locations etc. There is likely an audience there, but I get that from Top Gear thank you very much. I would have preferred if they had stayed true to reviewing cars in a meaningful way. Now all their "pedestrian" car reviews read like a bloody feature list from a website, very little (if any) real review of the cars merits.

I've been a subscriber for over 15 years, but the magazine (or me) are starting to shift to much to keep the subscription going I fear. (And this has nothing to do with the aforementioned comparison). Thank goodness for C&D each month is all I can say.

I consider the comparison of the Boss 302 to the Camaro ZL1 and the so- called MT bias a moot point.

When a potential buyer realizes the difference in price of the Boss302 vs Camaro ZL1 the logic gets 'balanced out'. If money is NOT a factor to a potential buyer, then that buyer should know enuf to make an intelligent decision for what is most desired in his/her selection.

boss2511 said:
really people are crying about a funny picture? this is why america sucks dont want to offend anyone
Not targeted at you but when I hear people say america suck I wonder why they live here? Because it is the best place to live for sure. at work I deal with many people from all over the world that all wish they could live here wonder why if it is so bad huh I have always believed that people whom dont like it here should leave ;D

jeepinocala said:
boss2511 said:
really people are crying about a funny picture? this is why america sucks dont want to offend anyone
Not targeted at you but when I hear people say america suck I wonder why they live here? Because it is the best place to live for sure. at work I deal with many people from all over the world that all wish they could live here wonder why if it is so bad huh I have always believed that people whom dont like it here should leave ;D

Not everyone is in the position to just leave their country. I personally really don't like my home country (Netherlands) so... I left it. I like it MUCH better here for a lot of reasons. But not everyone is that fortunate.

b.t.w. one of the many things I like better here is the fact that I can actually have this awesome car here :D :D In Holland I would have had to make twice as much as I do here in order to be able to afford it, both in terms of purchase price and gas prices.

jeepinocala said:
boss2511 said:

Most people that complain are upset that our country is heading south. Not that it's a horrible place. The U.S. is the best place in the world. Period. But we can still complain about the terrible direction we are heading. Where have liberals dragged us, into the gutter. Now, we better get off politics and back to discussing our awesome cars. There are plenty of political forums.

Tflong24 said:
jeepinocala said:
boss2511 said:

Most people that complain are upset that our country is heading south. Not that it's a horrible place. The U.S. is the best place in the world. Period. But we can still complain about the terrible direction we are heading. Where have liberals dragged us, into the gutter. Now, we better get off politics and back to discussing our awesome cars. There are plenty of political forums.

But the last word had to be a political statement eh? ;)

Not everyone is in the position to just leave their country. I personally really don't like my home country (Netherlands) so... I left it. I like it MUCH better here for a lot of reasons. But not everyone is that fortunate.

b.t.w. one of the many things I like better here is the fact that I can actually have this awesome car here :D :D In Holland I would have had to make twice as much as I do here in order to be able to afford it, both in terms of purchase price and gas prices.
[/quote] Well good to have you here maybe we can arrange a trade off each month for someone from another country like yourself for someone here who seem to think it is all bad bet that would solve alot of problems ;D

Well good to have you here maybe we can arrange a trade off each month for someone from another country like yourself for someone here who seem to think it is all bad bet that would solve alot of problems ;D
Haha true! I guess we can at least send one American to the Netherlands then to replace me. A lot of them want to go anyway because of the legal pot!

Tflong24 said:
Now, we better get off politics and back to discussing our awesome cars. There are plenty of political forums.
This.

Tflong24 said:
jeepinocala said:
boss2511 said:

+ 1

I can't wait for my GB 302. Looking forward to parking in the "Fuel Efficient Auto" spot at my local TD Bank!
17/26 is Dang efficient for a 444HP V8!

I can tell you don't have your car yet just by the 17/23. I got 12.7 today according to the display, because I got stuck behind Prii repeatedly. I normally get 10.X

CaliMR said:
I can tell you don't have your car yet just by the 17/23. I got 12.7 today according to the display, because I got stuck behind Prii repeatedly. I normally get 10.X

Wait, what? You get 10.X mpg? That's worse than what I got with my '68 Mustang...

I get worse mpg than I do in my 5.7 Tundra 4x4 ;D

The one time I took it on the highway I got pretty close to 23 mpg. It is all in how and where you drive it, I pretty much only drive mine up over skyline and through pescadero and stuff. Highway 9 is a little too tight for this car.

TMO Supporting Vendors