The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Motul MoCool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Has anyone tried MoCool by Motul to help reduce coolant temps? I just saw it at Lime Rock this past weekend and picked up 500mL. Says reduces temps 15 to 30 degrees C. Also claims compatability with all coolants. Just checking if anyone has used.
Steve

In for the results.

Snake oil as in you tried it and it does nothing? Or does it cause problems and clog coolant passages etc?

Tried similar products. Miniscule to ZERO measured differences. Kind of like stereo cables that cost $50 for a set or "better" ones that cost $500 a set. The dude that pays $500 SWEARS by the difference. Put him in a blind comparison test and he picks the Wal Mart cables.

(I doubt it would harm your engine in any way... just don't think it will help either.)

GA
steveespo said:
Thanks guys, guess $13 wasted, no hot dogs at the next track day for me ;D

Probably best anyway. My first track weekend I ate a greasy egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast and then proceeded to go out and do 60-0 braking and cone slalom exercises. I realized that maybe it was a bad idea. ;) Now I eat snickers or granola bars during the day.

PJWANNABE said:
steveespo said:
Thanks guys, guess $13 wasted, no hot dogs at the next track day for me ;D

Probably best anyway. My first track weekend I ate a greasy egg and cheese sandwich for breakfast and then proceeded to go out and do 60-0 braking and cone slalom exercises. I realized that maybe it was a bad idea. ;) Now I eat snickers or granola bars during the day.

LOL, one thing I hate is bedding in the brakes. Makes me sick everytime :(

OLOABoss

AKA OLOABoss
roywilk1960 said:
All of the engine builders I have delt with say run straight water, distilled, water pump lube, Napa 13 or Konklin, and no other additives.

Water is definitely a better heat transfer medium than water + antifreeze. The downside to straight water is a lower boiling point than the antifreeze/water combo. If you run straight water I would run .Pencool 2000 as the sole additive skip the NAPA junk.

Peter

The product you are referring to is Water Wetter.Yes it does work.For the best results replace your antifreeze with distilled water and a water wetter product.This will bring your temps down 10-15degrees. This what Miller Motorsports does in the track attack cars.It does work with your antifreeze as well.

OK, someone school me on Water Wetter.

How often do you have to change it or add more? For street and track use, is it best to add to the anti-freeze or use just water and water wetter?

What is the downside to using Water Wetter?

I know this next question is purely opinion, but which is the best name brand?

TMO Supporting Vendors