The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mounting an APR Wing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have an APR GT-250 wing on order and salvage trunk ready for assembly. I don't think I want to do this myself but if I have Phoenix do it is there anything else I should have for mounting? I don't see any mounting plates like the G-stream so I'm concerned about structural integrity of the trunk. If custom bars/plates need to be welded then it's definitely off to the pros.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
There are two big mounting plates that come in the kit that go on the underside of the trunk.
Since you will have the decklid off of the car, I highly recommend welding in a couple of support tubes like done on the 302S. I'm thinking to do this to my own car shortly.

There are two big mounting plates that come in the kit

That's what I was wondering. That makes me feel better. Will definitely have Phoenix do the mounting then. The bar idea definitely sounds good and I will have them do that as well. If I remember one of their Boss 302s has an APR wing.

JeffV8 that's very nice. I can't weld but I have a friend who can. What did you use for the bars? What about placement of the wing? Is there a guide?

Monaca Pa
JeffV8 that's very nice. I can't weld but I have a friend who can. What did you use for the bars? What about placement of the wing? Is there a guide?

I got the 3/4” tubing from LOWES. I first used pvc tube for mock-up then transferred to steel. Took about half hour . I paid a guy to Tig weld it. $40. I watched some YouTube videos on mounting the wing. I recommend using a 1/8” drill bit and NOT the 1/4” bit APR says to use for first holes.

TMO Supporting Vendors