The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MPG Poll - A.K.A. are you a leadfoot?

On average, what is your Boss' highway fuel economy when driven at highway limit speeds ?

• More than 26 MPG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 24 to 26 MPG

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • 21 to 23 MPG

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • 18 to 20 MPG

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Less than 18 MPG

Votes: 24 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I'm curious if there's regional differences on average. And I want to meet the guy who says he gets more than 25 MPG ! ;D

MA
I voted less than 18 mpg. I reckon the car could average around 19-20 mpg if I drove it like an old lady but why bother?

My onboard computer reads around 14 mpg usually.

Is that highway mpg? I almost clicked that too, but he wants to know highway mpg specifically.

I would vote, but the only time it has been on the highway was driving it home from a far away dealer when I bought it. Only time it will be again is on the way to the track. I average 10-11 mpg driving it on Sundays.

All I know is that I average about 210 miles per tank. Mostly city driving at twice the speed limit. I am handicapped and my right foot has spasms every time I see a green light or yellow.

MA
Whoops, my bad. Reading comprehension was never a strong point...

I have never taken a road trip so I can't really report MPG. Only had it on the highway a few times and because I tend to drop down a few gears from time to time to let it sing, my highway average wouldnt be too impressive.

I used to get around 24-26 highway mpg with my Procharged 2011 GT with auto trans and 3.73's though. Heck, that car would average 18 MPG city, even hammering from time to time. The auto kept RPMs fairly low almost all the time though. I keep the RPM's of my Boss around 2200 when just cruising though. I like the throttle response.

I typically get around 13 mpg and have only once gotten over 15. That was a drive to Lake Tahoe with my family and on the fwy I drive about 80 mph. On that trip I got over 22 mpg. I have no doubt I could get 26 mpg on a long fwy trip on flat land...but that would be no fun. ;D

So far i have been very conservative with my car. Still breaking it in and wanting everything to seat in nicely, on average I have been getting between 20-22 combined. When I drive it for long stretches I will receive somewhere around 26 to 27 and that is all by the gauge in the car and not by calculations once i fill up my tank. I can't say that there are many hills but a good mix of small increases and decreases in elevation going from the bay area up to folsom and back. I figure most of those numbers will change once i get my first oil change.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
I have averaged as high as 24 on the highway. Pulled into an oasis coming back from the track. Filled up and reset the mileage once back on the road. That was the best so far. ::)

On average If I get in the double digits I am happy.

Have to admit, mileage number are not the numbers I am concerned with. Not with the Boss. ;D

jec246

SVT1 said:
Whoops, my bad. Reading comprehension was never a strong point...

I have never taken a road trip so I can't really report MPG. Only had it on the highway a few times and because I tend to drop down a few gears from time to time to let it sing, my highway average wouldnt be too impressive.

I used to get around 24-26 highway mpg with my Procharged 2011 GT with auto trans and 3.73's though. Heck, that car would average 18 MPG city, even hammering from time to time. The auto kept RPMs fairly low almost all the time though. I keep the RPM's of my Boss around 2200 when just cruising though. I like the throttle response.

I did the same. I voted my City driving. My highway mileage from Alabama to Texas and back was about 24-25MPG. This was using the silver key only and no "spirited" driving. Avg speed was around 75-78.

I got a little better than 24 on all highway 60-70mph trip yesterday using cruise control. My overall average prior to that for the total 1800 miles I have on my car is 11.7 ( :

Most of my daily drinivg is around town and short highway R&D.....

I have only taken one hwy drive and that was when I took the car to Atlanta, from Savannah, for the Petit LeMans. I averaged a little over 24 MPG. This was with some spirited driving with a tuned 2011 GT I met on the road. Did some pulls, took him easily, and did some high speed cruising. I was VERY surprised at the MPG.

I love this car.....

TMO Supporting Vendors