The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MPH ( Motorsports Park Hastings ) Auction Completed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The new owners wish to stay anonymous at this juncture, and though the amount was a bit lower than expected ( around 750K ) , the thing that stands out the most is that those involved in the winning bid are from the Tri-City area. This sounds confusing to some outside the State of Nebraska, but the Tri-City Area is what the Kearney, Grand Island and Hastings triangle of cities is called. So, many are pleased that the track will continue under locally based ownership, and though there are likely some new plans in the works, common sense states they will likely continue the bookings for 2020 --- quite a full calendar is already on the books for MPH. I am sure we will hear more in the future , but this should give many an idea that MPH will continue to be a fun and welcoming place for motorsports activities!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have not heard, at present. Would depend on the new owners , but I imagine George will help in transferring over info. Heck, with the new folks from around the area it is likely many are aware of George's contributions. I know George would like to slow down some in the future, but I can see him being asked to be on the Board , but we will all have to just wait and see?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Talked with my good buddy George Anderson and he said it was perfectly fine for me to tell all the good folks at TMO that he is "Quite Optimistic," things will go forward very positively!! I would imagine he will slow down a little but gotta believe he will be there for the big events as he just loves being with all the guys, himself!

It did go super cheap, but may be a good thing for more money back into the track. Feel more optimistic as if getting a very large investor, investing in something like this could be chump change, so if it's not making big money they drop it like it's nothing. Seeing a local investor hopeful they want to invest in the community to bring more in, so we will see what happens.

Good news, thanks for sharing.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
That is great news. Looking forward to Roundup X, provided it's not conflicting with NASA Nationals at Miller. But it would be an easy drive to or from Miller...

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Fill out the Survey at racemph.com on the Mustang Roundup as many of us are concerned about the NASA Championships also. September has been a bit of a challenge over the past few years as some folks want to come but it has been too close to the Solo Nationals in Lincoln , the NASA Championship, or a couple of very big Car Shows, etc. The survey is asking about doing the event the first week of October, as it would be cooler, there are not many conflicts , therefore helping more folks show up in reality.

Not positive about how soon on the repave, BlackBoss, but I know it is on their agenda for future improvements.

TMO Supporting Vendors