The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MSR Cresson March 8-9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Budget Boss said:
I already signed up. First time there so I signed up HPDE1, only to find out I could have signed up DE2 and asked for a instructor for a ride along.

HPDE1 and 2 run together, the difference is that 2 runs without instructors. Since you are new to the track 1 will probably be best so you can learn the line.

Where do you live? I'll probably be out there Thurs or Fri this week, if you want to run a few sessions before NASA.

smittytx said:
HPDE1 and 2 run together, the difference is that 2 runs without instructors. Since you are new to the track 1 will probably be best so you can learn the line.

Where do you live? I'll probably be out there Thurs or Fri this week, if you want to run a few sessions before NASA.

I live in Van Alstyne, Texas. Thank you for the invite. However, my car is scheduled to go into the shop on this Friday. My drivers side front brembo keeps leaking from the bleeder valve. They fixed it once and that lasted for MSR Houston. However, this past Saturday it started leaking at the track. Might have to be helicoiled. I do have spare Brembos if I need to switch them out. Thanks again for the invite. I'll look for you at the NASA event and stop by.

I came by your car a couple of times but never saw anyone. I was pretty busy trying to get my car to handle better, still have tons of understeer.

Saturday night I froze my ass off but helped a buddy drink away his bad day (the black Camaro that was totaled).

smittytx said:
I came by your car a couple of times but never saw anyone. I was pretty busy trying to get my car to handle better, still have tons of understeer.

Saturday night I froze my ass off but helped a buddy drink away his bad day (the black Camaro that was totaled).

I was probably at the debriefs we have to goto after every session. I didn't see the wreck because it happened when I was in a debrief. I signed up for HPDE 1 and they told me I was HPDE 2 to start the weekend. I was moved up to HPDE 3 on Sunday. I saw you on the grid on my 3rd session on Sunday. I'll be at TWS for the next NASA event maybe we can meet then. I'll probably be around Fair's trailer.

TMO Supporting Vendors