The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MT-82 transmission leak

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Congrats on acquiring a very rare LS ( I believe there were even fewer in Silver than done in School Bus Yellow in 2013 ?) and you are in the right part of the Country to enjoy the Boss! With Pittsburgh International and Pocono in your State, and New Jersey Motorsports Park and Watkins Glen decent drives away, you have plenty of places to go play. Yeh, I know there are other tracks reasonably close, depending on where you are in PA., but don't want to fill up another paragraph, ha.

TMS stated it perfectly and glad to see you got an MGW short throw shift kit. George has had numerous Mustangs, from GTs to GT 350s , and plenty of Boss models ( including a Boss S) , and his passion for the Mustang is unmistakable. He builds the absolute best system and that could be discreetly verified even by some fanboys at Ford.

Do continue to keep us posted on your upgrades and send VoodooBoss a conversation note to see if he as any TMO T Shirts still for sale --- easy way to recognize your fellow Forum Trackrats when at road courses around the US.
Thanks, Bill. Yeah, I jumped on this car when it came up for sale. I was looking for one and loved the silver/red combination. The matching red Cool tech roll bar and cross brace sealed the deal. There is also an interesting story about the original owner and the signatures on the radiator cover. I will have to post that up some time. I have only seen one other silver one at the American Muscle show last year. Silver and red LS Bosses are rare indeed.

I am North and west of Philadelphia so I do have several tracks within a few hours. I just need to get out and and get to them.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Dennis,
I have installed the Ford Racing aluminum drive shaft along with the MGW X-spec shifter. I am currently installing the Ford T springs in place of the Eibach Sportlines the car came with along with MM c/c plates. I am trying to keep this car as Ford centric as possible given it's rarity. The original owner did the first mods so am over that hump.

I am actually struggling with a tire decision right now. The factory Pirelli Corsas need replacement and I want to pick the right tire. What are you running?

I did hear about the Boss event in Pittsburgh and am planning on going. I need to finally get to a track and learn how to drive! I am North and west of Philadelphia so that is a few hours down the PA turnpike for me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dropped you a PM ( under conversation) and have alot of friends/customers in the Lehigh Valley , so they not far from you in all likelihood?

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
San Diego
....."I am actually struggling with a tire decision right now. The factory Pirelli Corsas need replacement and I want to pick the right tire. What are you running?"

LS291,

My OEM Pirelli tires chunked fairly badly after one season of HPDE events so I tried a set of Bridgestone S0-4 Pole Position for my second season. I upgraded from the S0-4s to Bridgestone RE-71s from then on.

I am running 285/35r19 squared set-up on HRE rims. The tires permit us to travel to/from events with reasonable road manners as well as great track performance at a great price point. I would suggest not getting too exotic with costly tires/wheels until you are committed to running 291 a few times a year but again I am extremely happy with the RE-71s on track.

Give me a call 858.279.8434 if you would like to discuss further.

Dennis DiLucente

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Always amazed at how car crazy the State is , but then after sending tons of Fords, Dodges, and others to Pennsylvania over the years, I have come to respect that this is an area of the Country that loves to drive?!

Update on leak:

While my car is up on the lift undergoing updates, I have been watching my transmission leak. At first I though that the single drip was a residual run down. However, a wipe off and reoccurrence made me rethink that. Closer inspection reveals that the "residual" leak appears to be coming from the lower six bolts on the transmission. These are the bolts that attach the tail section to the main body. They are Torx T12 size. I put a standard length 3/8" ratchet on them and managed 1/8 of a turn on all of them without even trying too hard. I'm not certain if they were not tightened properly from the factory or they have simply come loose. I will continue to monitor as I finish up my alignment after the spring install.

I finally choose a tire for the stock LS rims. I went with the Bridgestone S007A. A good review on this website coupled with the Tire Rack comparison media lead me to try these out. I went with 275/35-19 in the front and stayed with 285/35-19 in the back. Got them on sale too!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel