The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mt82 class action lawsuit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Sorry. Steveespo designed and built a trans cooler system for the MT-82. Maybe more than one.
Here is a link

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
wondering if the MT-82 has overheating problems?
I wouldn’t say so. Especially not with regard to the lawsuit and this thread. Before I put the cooling scoops on, I can’t say I had any temp related issues or symptoms. I put the scoop on both cars because it’s a cheap way to add cooling for track use.

Coolers eventually became standard on GT350s, because it was a ‘problem’ for the threshold trans temps which put it into limp mode with even mild track use. Early, non track pack cars didn’t have trans coolers.

Had occasional lock out 4th to 3rd and higher rpm. Change out oem trans juice with Motul,Installed the LS scoop whiteline bushing and Barton two post. and never had an issue since even running track days here in TX.

I think part of the trans temp heat may be due to those two big Cat's alongside.

TMO Supporting Vendors