The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MT82 tranny oil question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
My shifter has always been quite balky, It improved with the Blowfishbracket but I have to admit it feels much better now with the MGW race shifter..... Well its still in the air, I have to lower the car and test it properly first :)..... Got a miserable cold installing the tranny on a cold stone floor.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
BG gearbox and diff. Better than OEM when cold. Like Steve says, though, same-same when hot.

Diff is a bit less clunky...must cushion better.

drano38

Wayne
Here's the mod I did to my CoolTech Lube Mover for filling the diff and tranny.
1/2" ball valve with 1/2" PEX plastic pipe fittings on both ends.
Added 2 ft of clear vinyl 1/2" outside diameter (3/8" inside diameter) hose to fill the diff. Warm up hose w/ hair dryer or heat gun and it will be soft enough to stretch over the slightly too big 1/2" fittings.
For tranny, slide the 3/8 barb into the hose end (only 1 barb so I can get it back out): 3/8" barb to female/female coupler, to barbed fitting for 1/4" OD (.170" ID) vinyl hose (2 ft of hose)
The tranny hose is real small, so it takes longer to fill the tranny than the diff.
I have a helper pump the bottle to not get too much pressure, and they can use the pressure relief valve when the bottle is empty.IMG_20170813_210158_833.jpg

@drano38 that's TMO at it's best right there. Nice work!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel