The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

MT82 Trans Problems - Ford's Response

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Official response to NHSTA concerns

http://mustangsdaily.com/blog/2011/11/09/ford-responds-to-nhtsas-investigation-of-the-mustangs-mt82-6-speed-transmission/

Well at least Ford is listening to it's customers.

Thanks for posting. The response was timely and seems well addressed. I'm glad Ford got right on it. If I have any issues, I'll plan on addressing under warranty provisions.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
At least there is a response to the issues. "Only 3%" is laughable though--that's pretty high in engineering terms--30,000 defects per million! If they have a Six Sigma guy working on this project, he is probably sweating. An acceptable engineering failure rate would be more like 0.03% or 0.003%.

That being said--my transmission works great! ;D

What does this mean Corrective action was taken What action? On my car it is very hard to shift into fifth at high RPM and has gotten to the point of having to jam it in almost every time.

5th Gear Problems:
Some of the customer feedback received by Ford alleged “grinding into gear” or “notchiness” during shifting not caused by the previous problems. Ford investigations identified some component quality issues relating to the synchronizers for fifth gear.
Solution:
Corrective action was taken

Just sent an email to my service dept.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel