The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mufflers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does anyone know if the Fordracing axle-back muffler part # M-5230-MGTLA will fit the 2012 Boss.

If they will fit a GT 5.0 they will fit the Boss.

I have them on my Boss.

They do not come with clamps so you will have to either cut the original ones off your stock mufflers or buy new ones.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
VTBoss302 said:
I have them on my Boss.

They do not come with clamps so you will have to either cut the original ones off your stock mufflers or buy new ones.

Do you have any video clips showing how they sound? Would love to hear them...

Do you have any video clips showing how they sound? Would love to hear them...
[/quote]

Sorry, I haven't taken any pics or video of my new Ford Racing Sport mufflers.

They sound considerably deeper, throatier and louder than the stock mufflers which could barely be heard inside the car with the side exhausts opened up.

They are made by Borla and are similar to the Borla S-Types. They are a little pricey for just mufflers, but they are constructed entirely out of 304 SS, are considerably lighter than the stockers and the exhaust tips with the Ford Racing logo look nice. :)

George

ace72ace

Oh yes, I know they have a lot more rumble than the stockers. I bought a set of 'regular' GT500's for bang for the buck, but am interested on what they sound like from a '13 Boss owner who has them installed. I will keep tabs on this thread if you feel like posting even a cell phone vid clip...

I have the M-5230-MGTCA (50 state legal touring mufflers) and I run the QTP side pipe cutouts wide open and the combination is just awesome. You may want more sound from the sports muffler but I'll tell you, I couldn't be happier with the touring mufflers and the side dumps wide open. :D

cobra said:
Does the M-5230-MGTLA have any drone, while driving.

I haven't noticed much, if any, drone with these mufflers. However, I only have about 500 miles on them with very little highway driving at this point.

Part of the reason I chose these mufflers is that Ford Racing says they were designed to eliminate drone.

In any case, acceptable sound levels and "quality" ultimately depend on the individual.

For example, I only drove my Boss once with the stock side exhaust restrictor plates in place. At first, I loved the sound with the side exhausts fully open and for the most part still do. However, I do find it to be a little too loud for longer drives. Therefore, I will probably experiment with some different size restrictor plates I got from YellowBoss to see if I can quiet down things just a little bit while still maintaining a good exhaust note.

George

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have a Corsa Extreme Catback on the my Boss, and you really ought to check into them. In my estimation the best axle back in the US, and made in the US. Unbelievable R&D done to research drone, and optimize hp.

Good idea for an axle back, as the loss of some of the weight is pretty beneficial if you track it.

Bill Pemberton said:
Have a Corsa Extreme Catback on the my Boss, and you really ought to check into them. In my estimation the best axle back in the US, and made in the US. Unbelievable R&D done to research drone, and optimize hp.

Good idea for an axle back, as the loss of some of the weight is pretty beneficial if you track it.
Price ?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
BossFred said:
Bill Pemberton said:

Price ?
700-800

ace72ace

The price just killed me for the Corsas when researching mufflers, might have well been 1000$ God bless them for being able to charge that price and stay in business.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I have Corsa Sport mufflers on my car and they are perfect. Had Borla tourings too raspy! Had GT500s nice but too mild. Heard Corsa Extremes and awesome but too....Extreme, put On the Corsa Sports...just right ;D
I swear they are as quiet as the GT 500's when I am cruising on the highway, but when you get on it they sound like a NASCAR Cup car, at 7400 the sound is perfect American V8!
List at Autoanything.com was $630 and I had a 15% coupon + free shipping and no tax $536 to the door. Highly recommend.
Steve

steveespo said:
I have Corsa Sport mufflers on my car and they are perfect. Had Borla tourings too raspy! Had GT500s nice but too mild. Heard Corsa Extremes and awesome but too....Extreme, put On the Corsa Sports...just right ;D
I swear they are as quiet as the GT 500's when I am cruising on the highway, but when you get on it they sound like a NASCAR Cup car, at 7400 the sound is perfect American V8!
List at Autoanything.com was $630 and I had a 15% coupon + free shipping and no tax $536 to the door. Highly recommend.
Steve

i thought my corsa extremes were too mild ;D

does anyone have experience with JPC overaxle pipes?
http://www.lethalperformance.com/2012-2013-boss-mustang-302/exhaust/over-axle-pipes/jpc-racing-2011-mustang-gt-2-3-4-t304-s-s-over-axle-pipes.html

TMO Supporting Vendors