The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords no longer printed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Got my last Autoweek magazine less than two weeks ago, and receive it still digitally. In fact I have something from them daily, and wonder when they will rebrand it into " Autodaily," as it would be more in tune with their current content. Can't say I don't like the constant stream of data , but am really worried about the future of my reading matter while in the throne room? Loss of paper periodicals and the search for important reading matter while taking care of business is a time honored tradition our children and grandchildren will never be lucky enough to experience, ha!

I still get Car and Driver sent to my house every month and I never subscribed to it. It comes under my stepson 's name, which is spelled wrong.He hasn't lived here in over 15 yrs!....You figure it out........................

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
The porcelain library has certainly evolved over the past ten years or so. I suggest you put in a tool box and work on car parts while doing your business.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Now why would I do that, since that might help me become a competent mechanic. Then when you and I were both at a track event I would be able to fix everything myself.This would make you feel completely worthless because you wouldn't be able to help me, hence demonstrating your skills and encyclopedic knowledge of race cars!

I just renewed my subscription to MM&FF. Good thing I also subscribe to Hot Rod and Motor Trend on demand.

It's too bad but not surprising. I actually kept every issue of 5.0 Mustang magazine before it was cancelled. They have Boss specific info from the roll out that I've never seen else where. Sigh.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TV Guide now sends double issues to their subscribers...I wouldn't mind (I know they're saving millions in postage), but I'm losing half of my crossword and Sudoku puzzles..........I know, quit your whining little boy.....:(...where did I hear that before??

Not surprising, I get several car related magazines a month are rarely look at them. All of my car reading is now done online. I've been a Car and Driver subscriber for over 40 years, yes I started early, but I'm going to cancel it when it renews this spring. :(

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
But VBoss , just think of the frightening situation if you ran out of paper while in the throne room..........what the heck you going to do with your tablet? I shall continue to get Motor Turd !

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
Not surprising. My Surface Go with a convenient carry handle on the case has replaced pretty much all my media. Add in a private, encrypted cloud server and I can pretty much run everything from a few convenient spreadsheets between my phone and tablet.

I still buy hard copy books so my bookshelf makes me look smarter than I am though...

Bay Area
I think Im one of the middle aged younger guys here and FWIW, I prefer a paper magazine for home use but the digital media is great for traveling. As MM&FF goes (my own .02) was a waste of my money and print. I don't think I ever got through an entire issue and it hurt me just to thumb through it. And this is coming for a person and started an international magazine in a living room. I am sad to see a few other items from TENS portfolio leave the print world. But... it is a business and it makes fiscal sense.

Norm Peterson

Corner Barstool Sitter
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
a few miles east of Philly
Supposedly current print subscribers will be offered digital subscriptions, but the link doesn't go into whether you could opt for a refund of the balance of your print subscription instead.

Personally, I find trying to read digital magazines more difficult and less rewarding than reading the same content in print. I'll only be losing Automobile, but that's still a shame since I've been a subscriber since their very beginning.

Norm

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Philly Metro Area
The subscribe to a magazine link off of the mustangsandfords.com web site leads to this page:

https://www.circsource.com/store/storehomepage.html

It looks like any digital editions are limited to versions of the remaining print publications.

This is consistent with the original article that said subscribers will be offered digital subscriptions to Hot Rod, Motor Trend, and Four Wheeler.

Bottom line, there will be no digital Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords. The mustangsandfords.com web site may still exist but it remains to be seen how much new content is posted.

well this sucks, I remember when that magazine was 3/8s of an inch thick, fortunately I cataloged and saved the good issues.
I have a sub to that as well..and like Bill, I just got my last Autoweek.

at least all the old fart vintage car mags are still print

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel