The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Must Read for 2012/13 Boss Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm not sure where I first read this link from the August 2011 issue of 5.0 Mustang Magazine, but it is a must read for all Boss owners. I've read the article over a dozen times and learn something new every time. I ordered the reprint of the Magazine to keep in my Owner's file.
Extensive article on the development of the new Boss with many interviews with those responsible.

Hope you enjoy...

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/techarticles/m5lp_1108_2011_ford_mustang_302/viewall.html

Good news for ordering AUG 2011 Issue of 5.0 Mustang. Here is their response:

The August 2011 issue is available for purchase for $8.99. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Amex Or Discover . If you would like to place your order by phone, please call 1-800-825-3124 or you can send a check or money order to:

5.0 Mustang & Super Fords
PO Box 420235
Palm Coast, FL 32142-0235

Re: Must Read for New Boss Owners (2012/13)

Yes, this is a good magazine to read and keep, I have gone over this several times... There seems to be something missing or not talking about it? Still a great car.

Thanks for the heads-up. I just ordered a couple copies.

To order back issue:

http://www.mustang50magazine.com/featuredvehicles/

Go to far right drop tab "Subscribe"

Click on "Back Issues"

$9 shipped, might as well get one and toss it in the owner's package. Nice find on the ordering page.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic

Thanks for posting the back issue link!

That article should be stickied somewhere...so that anyone considering a Boss knows what went into it.

Grant 302 said:
Thanks for posting the back issue link!

That article should be stickied somewhere...so that anyone considering a Boss knows what went into it.
This article has been posted many times before but that's a good idea. Any new threads will be combined with this one. Done. ;)

acole3 said:
Am I missing something? I don't see the August 2011 issue in the list of back issues. :-[

We must have cleaned them out. The link to the August 2011 issue is now gone.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I have a subscription to that mag and I am pretty sure I threw it away. Guess I can order a new one for the price of a years subscription lol

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Yup, its working. Just ordered 3 copies and received my confirmation from 5.0.

98RedGT

2012 #552
Just order 6 different Boss 302 issues from different magazines. Been looking for these at swap meets, online, etc., but no luck. Thanks for posting the link to this site with back issues.

I just read this thread and was going to purchase August 2011 of 5.0, but is sold out. Anyone have an extra copy for sale?
Thanks

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Futruecar50, you can keep trying to get a back issue reprint from the publisher. As I understand, this particular issue has been quite popular. Just keep checking back. If all you want is the article you can get the pdf download from the link in the OP's first post. Good reading material.

TMO Supporting Vendors