The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Must See - Shelby American Collection in Boulder, CO

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had never made it to this museum even though it is only 30 minutes from my house. It is a museum dedicated to Shelby Cobras and Mustangs, but it also has several other interesting cars, including, for some reason, a brand new, never raced 2012 Supercharged Cobra Jet Mustang. I had never seen one of those in person. Crazy car to buy straight from the factory!

There are too many cars to list, including a one of one GT350-S (supercharged Shelby Mustang), a GT40 that ran at LeMans, many 289 and 427 Cobras, including several with great race histories, and a few other interesting cars, like AC Bristols, and a Falcon commercial wagon with a HiPo 289 that was used as a parts getter for Shelby. Lots of memorabilia, too. My favorite car was an absolutely pristine 1967 GT500-KR. The car looks absolutely brand new. That thing is worth a fortune. A similar one sold for over $1 Million.

For those who went to Track Attack, the museum is similar to the Larry Miller museum in Utah, and in fact, the guy who curates the Shelby American Museum is also on the staff at the Miller Museum. The host said they are constantly rotating cars in from various sources, so what is there changes quite often.

http://www.shelbyamericancollection.org/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCt5u4ddoR8

The reason I had never been there was that the museum is open only on Saturdays from 10-4. Admission is $5, and well, well worth it. It is a little tough to find, as it is tucked into the back of an office/industrial park in the Gunbarrel area of Boulder.

I've never been there but will make it someday. After seeing what was on display at BTA I've got to see this too. Shoot I wouldn't mind visiting MMP again just to see their collection of GT40's. ;D

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
My Mustang Club has been there often but without me. I hear nothing but good reviews on this museum and need to get up there since it's twenty minutes from my house.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel