The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration , Charlotte, NC...Who's going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agreed on great spot and going to be a blast

been looking forward to this event for a long time

on another note steve, if there is any chance I get a ride a long please let me know ( bringing my helmet just in case )

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
GOT SVT said:
agreed on great spot and going to be a blast

been looking forward to this event for a long time

on another note steve, if there is any chance I get a ride a long please let me know ( bringing my helmet just in case )

Ride along is no problem. I have to ask the Chief Steward to drop me down to the Novice group for a session to take my daughter and maybe wife for a few laps.
Steve

BLAZN BOSS

GOT SVT said:
MORELOTLAYOUT_zps606f1db8.jpg

Hello everyone just posting the same information here that I emailed everyone signed up with us for charlotte

Just a few information points:

1. I have attached 1 item here, the MORE Lot Group layout.

2. Our group # is #8, Boss Mustangs Online ( Listed as Grp 8 Boss Online - 46 spaces on map )

3. In addition to the MORE group tag, each participant will have a static cling decal in their credential packet that will provide them access to inside the track (on a first come basis) if they should choose to venture there. If they are able to get inside, the "stay until 5 pm" rule will apply. In the MORE lot they can come and go as they please.

4. MORE group participants will pickup their credentials at a different desk in the registration atrium at the Embassy Suites. That desk will be clearly marked. We will get a MORE mirror hang tag with our group # on it.

Again, I will pass on as much information as i get

Any ?'s, please ask

Looking forward to the celebration and meeting everyone!
are all 46 spots full?

I am ready! and if someone has room for ride-along on track session I am good to go, complete with helmet and Go-Pro's...
Just let me know...

We have a great spot with #8.. its right near bathrooms and only a short walk to 2 entrances to the track.

There is NO SHADE there, so bring Sunscreen.. That asphalt will be HOT...

Looking forward to seeing everyone... and if we can get a crew together to hit a restaurant or have a BBQ at the house or something I am totally down for that!

Email me: [email protected]

thanks Justin

leaving tomorrow afternoon and they are now calling for snow here, ugh it is mid april

see everyone on Wednesday in Charlotte

Calling for snow here too starting at 9 and ending around midnight. It's supposed to be 30deg at 10:00 mid morning when I leave, unbelievable. This winter thing has become obnoxiously long.

Been in Mooresville (Race City) since past Sunday. Great weather sunday and Monday. 85 +. Today some rain and cold front coming in (but for us Canadians from the Great North, it is a cool summer lollll).

Been doing lots of RaceShops, Car museums and Hall of Fame since sunday. Great times and great locations.

You can eat the floor at Penske Racing Team and the Memory Lane museum and NC Auto Racing Hall of Fame are my best so far (All in Mooresville - 24 miles from Charlotte - 77N).

Drove around the Speedway today to visit Backing up Classics and will do Hendrick , Roush Fenway, Richard Petty and Dan Carpenter Repro Mustang tomorrow before picking up our packet at Embassy.

Will be a great time

tyler72

Like a Boss!
I'm here finally! We are staying st the Wingate about a mile down the road from the track. Dumb question: what is the MORE group & what's so special about it?

tyler72 said:
I'm here finally! We are staying st the Wingate about a mile down the road from the track. Dumb question: what is the MORE group & what's so special about it?
The MORE parking closed a month ago. You get preferred parking and the BMO crew has about 50 cars parking together at each event. You also have in and out access all day which you don't have in the inside lot.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6730.0

Charlotte Motor Speedway
(tentative plans-subject to change)

April 16, 2014 Wednesday-Set up day

• Embassy Suites/Convention Center opens at 12:00PM for registration packet pick-up/goodie bags. Closes at 7PM.
• Welcome Party 7PM-9PM-place TBD.

April 17, 2014 Thursday Opening Day Hours 8AM-5PM

• Car and guest registration pick-up continues from 8AM-5PM Embassy Suites/Convention Center.
• Inside Speedway Oval opens for registered Mustang cars to be parked. According to local club 700-1000 cars can be parked between Turn 3 and 4. All Mustangs parked inside the track cannot leave until after 5PM. All Mustangs will enter at Gate 26.
• M.O.R.E. Parking Area opens for Mustang Clubs and cars, with in and out privileges.
• VIP Green lot is the preferred public parking location. This is across Hwy. 29 on the Z-Max Dragway side, with 2 pedestrian bridges linking this lot to Gate 2 to enter into CMS.
• VIP Victory Parking lot will be for public parking only.
• Inside Road Course opens with driver’s meeting at 7AM, with track opening for 8AM-12PM and 1PM-5PM.
• Media Center opens for seminars, lecturers and any additional media functions, such as press conferences.
• Gate 26/Klondike opens for swap meets, 8AM-5PM.
• Manufacturer’s Midway and Vendor Village open, 8AM-5PM.
• 11:00am Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration Opening Ceremony. Welcoming comments by Gale Halderman – other VIPs
• 3-4:00pm Early Mustang TV Commercials 1964-67 – video presentation with John Clor
• Mustang Birthday Party, limited to 800 guests 7-10PM.

April 18, 2014 Friday Hours 8AM-5PM (same hours Thurs.-Sat.)

• Car and guest registration pick-up continues from 8AM-5PM Embassy Suites/Convention Center
• Inside Speedway Oval opens for registered Mustang cars to be parked.
• M.O.R.E. Parking Area opens for Mustang Clubs and cars.
• Media Center opens.
• VIP Green lot is the preferred public parking location. This is across Hwy. 29 on the Z-Max Dragway side, with 2 pedestrian bridges linking this lot to Gate 2 to enter into CMS.
• Inside Road Course will become active.
• Gate 26/Klondike opens for swap meets.
• Manufacturer’s Midway and Vendor Village opens
• 9:30-10:30am Origin of The Ford Mustang – video presentation – John Clor
• 10:30-11:30am Mustang Origin Discussion with Gale Halderman Question & Answer/Autograph Session. Introduction by John Clor
• 1:00-2:00pm First pre-production Mustang hard top Restoration Presentation slide show. Presented by John Clor
• 2:00-3:00pm Marketing the Mustang-Mad Men Season 4 video – DVD presentation – DVD signing by John Clor
• 3:00-4:00pm How a Car Is Built – video presentation – John Clor
• Evening Cruise into Concord/Kannapolis, leaving CMS at 6PM.

April 19, 2014 Saturday Hours 8AM-5PM

• Car and guest registration pick-up continues from 8AM-5PM Embassy Suites/Convention Center
• Inside Speedway Oval opens for registered Mustang cars to be parked.
• M.O.R.E. Parking Area opens for Mustang Clubs and cars.
• Media Center opens.
• Inside Road Course will become active.
• Manufacturer’s Midway and Vendor Village opens.
• 9:30-10:30am Origin of The Ford Mustang – video presentation – John Clor
• 10:30-11:30am Mustang Origin Discussion with Gale Halderman. Question & Answer/Autograph Session. Introduction by John Clor
• 1:00-2:00pm Mustang by Generations: The Enthusiast Voice – discussion with John Clor, Art Hyde and Jack Telnack
• 2:30-3:30pm Early Mustang TV Commercials 1964-67 – video presentation - John Clor
• Main Event Banquet Embassy Suites, doors open at 6PM, Embassy Suites Evening Banquet – VIP attendees *Guest Speaker – TBA – brief VIP comments with Gale Halderman. Lee Iacocca Award Presentation

April 20, 2014 Sunday Closing Day 8AM-3PM

• Sunrise Easter Service (time to be determined)
• Inside Speedway Oval opens for all registered Mustang cars to be parked.
• Mustangs can go on track for photo ops.
• Media Center opens.
• Manufacturer’s Midway and Vendor Village opens.
• 11am-12:00pm How a Car Is Built – video presentation – John Clor
• Closing Ceremonies 2PM

If anyone is here in Charlotte and up for meeting for dinner give me a call: 336-428-7609

I already met PJ, and pretty sure I saw Stevespo on HWY 85 (Trailing his car)...

rpm3dinc said:
If anyone is here in Charlotte and up for meeting for dinner give me a call: 336-428-7609

I already met PJ, and pretty sure I saw Stevespo on HWY 85 (Trailing his car)...

I would but I am beat, also I got here to late to pickup my registration, I'm open for tomorrow through. See you in the am.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel