The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration , Charlotte, NC...Who's going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler72

Like a Boss!
Does anybody have an extra MORE pass for the BMO lot #8? I thought I was getting 3 passes but there was miscommunication and I only received one. I only need one more and for Friday and Saturday only. My cell is 423- six one nine- 4 zero 85

Thanks,
Tyler

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I am here with my wife and youngest daughter. I am in garage 7 running in the A group all 3 days. Stop by and introduce yourself. It's so cool to be part of this once in a lifetime event, I already met the team photographer for the Wood Brothers 21 car.
Steve

steveespo said:
I am here with my wife and youngest daughter. I am in garage 7 running in the A group all 3 days. Stop by and introduce yourself. It's so cool to be part of this once in a lifetime event, I already met the team photographer for the Wood Brothers 21 car.
Steve
The #21 car was actually one of the better looking cars out on the track today IMO.
I'm looking forward to having a little fun in "C" group Friday.
The ride down here with my son was a little stressful after hitting snow/ice in NY - then the 3 hours in line at registration plus another 45 min for customer svc for a missing pass. So far it's all been worthwhile. Still have 3 more days to look forward to!

Made it, no problems at the registration, lots of Bosses here, several on the track. Steve's car #21 looks great on the banks here. I have talked with several folks, would like to get down to the track with someone, call me 859-621-7510 Ken

Rain started on Friday 5:30 at the start of the cruise for the Guinness world record, hard rain all night, pulled out for KY this morning made it home safely, for all of the Boss owners that I met, enjoyed meeting you all. Several of us had a good meal and great talking points at the Twin Peaks, you guys can only guess the term being used for the twin peaks ;)! Overall the event for me was good, ran into old buddies and made new ones.

Our Boss cars were the most driven on the track, overall I think that there had to be 100 of our cars at this event. Thanks to Robert from Florida he gave my buddy a ride around the track, he enjoyed it. My high point was to talk to the fine folks with Detroit Speed, I'm working on building my 67 fastback, I've talked with them about a system for the car. After several laps with them in their test car, I will be using the system that they call aluma-frame. Look up this company and this Mustang.

The Mustang is 50 and the passion is still alive for this car. Thanks to Ford.

Where's the photos??

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Central Florida
Just back from Charlotte, Thursday and Friday were great. Big crowd on Friday since the weather was good. got lucky and had my track day on Friday, great day at the track, maybe post some pictures if i can get them on the site. :)

Tried to talk to Steve in the 21 car- nice looking car, i was in the grid and out when he came in, had wife - brother/sister in law in the paddock also, he kept my helmet busy doing ride a longs with the factory S cars.

I drove in C group and we ended up getting some good runs in later in the afternoon session. lots of braking with everyone getting accustomed to the track. Plus took about two laps to get the tires warmed up in the morning especially.

Lat two sessions we had four and five cars hooked together and all running good lines for about three laps, never did hear anymore about speed limits or talk to anyone who was caught speeding, too easy to just run on that high bank.

Looking forward to Daytona later this year, now ready for some more mods to the car- almost an addict now.....

GA
NFSBOSS said:
Where's the photos??

Had a great time. Track day was awesome but the paddock was a zoo between the tight space, spectators, and early tech for the next day. The spectators were cool because it made me feel like a pro racer. ;D I met Dave Pericak, Steve Saleen, and John Clor at the Ford banquet. Vaughn Gitten Jr didn't stick around. I was in the same room as Jack Roush on Thursday at the Birthday Party, but you couldn't get near him.

I am still gathering photos and video, but Ford Racing has a bunch from Charlotte and Vegas on their Facebook page. They posted this one of me on track at Charlotte. 8).

FordRacingphoto_zpsedd6942c.jpg

here is a link with 765 pics from the more lot on Friday

http://s718.photobucket.com/user/lgnlime05gt/slideshow/50th%20Celebration%20Charlotte%2004-18-14

the bmo group starts in the 480's out of 765 pics, mine is 483

GOT SVT said:
here is a link with 765 pics from the more lot on Friday

http://s718.photobucket.com/user/lgnlime05gt/slideshow/50th%20Celebration%20Charlotte%2004-18-14

the bmo group starts in the 480's out of 765 pics, mine is 483
thanks for the photos, I only took a few shots, to busy, I think I missed some the ones you shot. I did see the "FORD GT" Mustang, ran with with him for a while heading home on Saturday, way too cool!

Some of the pics I took on the way to and at CMS.

Heading out Tue. Am to meet up with the Pony Drive group in Knoxville.
DSC_0001.jpg

Pony Drive group at Lance Cunningham Ford, Knoxville.
DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

A Boss from TX and I waiting for the rest of the group just East of Ashville Wed. AM.
DSC_0026.jpg

Some pics from Friday. 1st 2 are from the back lot.
DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

Does the 1/4 window open?
DSC_0057.jpg

An LS in the other M.O.R.E. parking lot.
DSC_0081.jpg

Hell yeah.
DSC_0016.jpg

Seen a few of these before.
DSC_0045.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel