The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration , Charlotte, NC...Who's going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Mustang 50th Celebration Event, Charlotte, NC...Who's going? East Coast rules!

I wonder if we can get some patch's made up or a hat with BMO on it. This way at the event we can find other members or on that thought at any event. I'm in for a hat or patch of sort. I don't have a cool jacket to honor a BMO patch, but I would find one. A hat I can wear in the summer or winter.

Chris

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
Re: Mustang 50th Celebration Event, Charlotte, NC...Who's going? East Coast rules!

+1 on the cap. You can get hats cheap in reasonable quantities. The logo price varies depending on how many lines need to be sewn on the cap. The more intricate the higher the price.

Fomoco302 said:
+1 on the cap. You can get hats cheap in reasonable quantities. The logo price varies depending on how many lines need to be sewn on the cap. The more intricate the higher the price.

I will start a thread about the hat or patch idea so we don't derail this one...

EDIT: New hat thread here https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=6584.0

Chris

tyler72

Like a Boss!
I'm going to be there... Ariving on Wednesday & leaving on Sunday. My track day is Thursday so keeping my fingers crossed for good weather. Thinking about adding Friday too but I also want some time to look around. I'm staying at the Wyngate just down the road from the track.

I am going wed thru sun

going down with at least 4 other friends and their stangs

staying at the Hampton Inn near the track

no plans to track while there, just enjoy everything that is happening

I will be there. I guess the event is for the show guys. I will be on the track but Charlotte is no VIR or Barber but will have to do. I guess if you like the high banks then it will be good. I like the tight corners and elevation change like my favorite track (Laguna Seca).

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Just made reservations yesterday in the University area of Charlotte. Looks to be just a few miles south from the speedway. Leaving Columbia,SC early Friday morning,going home late Saturday afternoon. Hope to see some members there. I just added Thursday,leaving Saturday afternoon. I'm sure one day wouldn't be enough time.

I just registered.

I'll arrive Wednesday from Tampa, FL

On track Thursday/Friday w/garage, taking in the cars on Saturday and departing early Sunday.

Staying at the TownePlace Suites Charlotte University Research Park about 10 minutes from the event.

It's just going to be my 14 year old son and myself, I've got a two room suite so if someone wants to double up I've got an extra room/bed.

----------------

Are we going to be able to drop trailers at the track Wednesday?

Is there gas at the track?

Will the event organizers put folks next to each other in the garages if asked? Or is it first come first served if you reserved a space?

Can't wait for this, going to be Mustang nirvana for 4 days. Will be there Thurs - Sun, hopefully rolling in with my dad in our '65 K-code GT fastback as part of either Pony Trails or Mustangs Across America on Wed evening. We'll return Thursday, me in my '12, Dad in his '13 Laguna and my brother in his '13 for track time. I'm currently registered for track time on Friday as well, but may cancel as I'm not sure I'll get much more out of a second day once the awe of running CMS wears off? Would be a different story if it was at Barber, VIR, Road Atlanta or Daytona........ At any rate, we'll be parking with the BMO corral when not on track.

jas427

BOSS LS #469
Taking the 67 GTA and the 07 Super Snake. Have to leave the Boss home. Revan Racing will be in the Manufacture Midway and Van and I will be sharing the space. Both cars side by side 40 years apart engine codes are both S for the 390FE and the 5.4 liter super charged Snake. This is the 3rd time I have owned the GTA. First time was in 1978. To many stories to tell about both cars. Videos tell a better story enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jasit390

Ill be there, course I only live about 10 miles from the track roughly... LOL Not doing the track run (I can go faster than 80 on back roads and have more fun)... Plus I have been on the oval with the BOSS before and part of the Road Course.

There will be a "Cruise In Gathering" to downtown Kannapolis where we have the Kannapolis Cruise-In on the second Saturday of every month, its one of the largest cruise-in's in the state, and with a projected 10,000-25,000 mustangs in the area for the 50th, it will be AWESOME!

Looking forward to meeting allot you! I will be parking with BMO all days and will be attending all days though I am not doing the "Dinner, or Track Stuff"...

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
I registered for the event in Charlotte.Just found out I'm moving to Las Vegas hopefully by March 1st. Don't have an exact address yet to register for Vegas. What should I do? I can register and give my friends address there I guess? So, should I cancell Charlotte and register for Vegas?

fbbob96 said:
I registered for the event in Charlotte.Just found out I'm moving to Las Vegas hopefully by March 1st. Don't have an exact address yet to register for Vegas. What should I do? I can register and give my friends address there I guess? So, should I cancell Charlotte and register for Vegas?

I would say if you are going to be in Vegas than to go to that one. Unless you just wish to make the drive North Carolina.

fbbob96 said:
Send me the contact info you have now and I'll put you down for Vegas. We can move you between the two events up to two weeks before the event. Either way it won't be a problem.

TMO Supporting Vendors