The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Mustang 50th Birthday Celebration Pony Drive, Norman, OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Any BMO members going to the Pony Drive?

http://www.mustang50thbirthdaycelebration.com/ponydrive/index.html

I've started looking into the events and can't figure out all the ride/rally options. There's the Norman Pony ride, some drive from Ashville to Charlotte, other link ups en route, etc. I get the events themselves, I don't get the ride options leading up to them. Any links with good info?

Tulsa, OK
I'm only about an hour away from Norman. My car club has been considering making this event but I'm still a little confused about what is actually happening in Norman. Am I just totally missing something or does the info seem to be lacking for this event?

BOSS343

Theory of 1
I will be attending in Norman and making the drive out via the Pony Drive to Vegas. I too am a bit lost as to what exactly is going on but I am meeting friends down there and I guess we will just get lost together.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
I just registered for the Pony Drive. Going to meet the drive in Amarillo and then convoy thru Albuquerque and Flagstaff. They've added an option to get off the super slab and take Rt. 66 on the last leg.

Fomoco302

Received my goody box for the Great American pony Drive (not to be confused with the MCA Pony Drive). T shirt, hat, pin, patch, windshield decal and windshield banner.
RockstarcoolerandPonydrive002_zps8b58bd34.jpg

Fomoco302

On the road from Amarillo to Albuquerque we stopped in Adrian, Tx. Half way point on Rt. 66. They closed down Main Street so we could park all the Mustangs. Still snow on the ground from previous night's snowstorm.

LasVegasMustang4-2014001_zps9343cef1.jpg
LasVegasMustang4-2014003_zps1366f985.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors